Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trimmed or Factory Cut?

Happy Monday everyone!

I just finished eating my lunch and I decided to look at cards for 20 minutes. I came across this Plante rookie sold by PWCC back in May of this year:

https://www.pwccmarketplace.com/items/1987120

Click image for larger version

Name:	eyJpdiI6InhFWW45SUUxTUpweDhMSmNCM1RpTFE9PSIsInZhbHVlIjoidEZNS2U5bFAwZWRcL21VNnRFVHZxTVZKYjdiVmhFRWptZUk0aUhYQ212YmJQVGw2cVBaa0loY210TjFcL2hyajBtIiwibWFjIjoiZTgwOGZhNzMzYTE2OWIzYzhhMDFjZjQ5YWNjMWMzYjg3MmJjNDc0NWVkZjA4NjUxODg2MmNmNzdjYWIxZGY4MyJ9.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	139.5 KB
ID:	7592

First of all, I'm surprised PSA encapsulated this card because it is badly under-sized. You can see the space inside the holder on the right side. Another thing that's bothering me is the rough cut on the right edge.

So what do you guys think? Factory cut or crappy trim job?

I'm not familiar with "55's, so I can't tell you if it is trimmed or not. But, I can tell you that you can't go by the amount of size in the holder. PSA has different molds and they very slightly in size even though they were supposed to be made for the same size cards. It is very noticeable on T206's (and C56) sized cards.

Comment

After completing some measurements from scan and referencing raw cards. I crunched some numbers and I it does appear the PSA 6 is 1.2mm short in length. In my opinion these cards are fairly consistent in size (unlike the 54's). You be the judge!

Comment

Working...
      X