X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It is not vintage but can you help me identify

Just wondering if anyone can help me identifying this set of NHL pins.I would like to know
    what year they are and how they were obtained.It was at least back when there was only
    26 teams.I am thinking around 1997.But not positive.I do think that the pins are very neat
    looking with the design of the hockey stick and puck with team name. I have tried google
    and eBay looking for a set like it.Or even a single pin. But no luck. There are lots of pins
    and even a lot of sets but nothing(that I can find) with the same design.
    PLMK if you can help.Thanks in advance.

PS: Because this is not vintage and if it needs to be removed then please do so.

I don't remember that set and the picture is small and blurry, but I noticed a few things. It is Phx, not Wpg and the Anaheim logo is the one used from 1993 to 2006. The use of that Los Angeles logo was from 1988 to 1998. Pittsburgh seemed to be stylish Penguin used from 1993 to 2002 and Nashville (1998) is still not there. It brings us indeed between 1993 and 1998. I remember sport hat shops selling sets of lapel pins and displaying them in the storefront window when that type of shops was more trendy. The background used was the same, but the pin model was different. They were also selling puck set on a hardwood piece at that same time era. It seems that type of shops is harder to find now and seems to selling more hat, jersey and t-shirts rather than miscellaneous memorabilia, such as lapel pins and pennants.

Comment

Having followed these framed pin pieces for many years, I have not seen this style before. Not to say this is fake but there are so many newly created, vintage looking pins being sold lately. A Winnipeg Company, issued most of these pin-framed pieces, I really like them, I have seen WHA and many others but this one is a first for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbyvhc View Post
        Having followed these framed pin pieces for many years, I have not seen this style before. Not to say this is fake but there are so many newly created, vintage looking pins being sold lately. A Winnipeg Company, issued most of these pin-framed pieces, I really like them, I have seen WHA and many others but this one is a first for me.
        I know that it is not vintage.So is it possible that someone would do a counterfeit set? And why would they do something like that on something so new.
        I do not know if they have much value.But they are kind of neat.I did have one person that suggested they may be something from the gum ball machines
        and some carried a display set so you could see what they would look like if you collected all of the teams. Oh well I hope that someone can lead me to the
        creator of these pins. Thanks for the information.

Comment

Working...
        X