X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shopsy Foods Henri Richard, 1960's?

Hi all, I picked up this Shopsy Food Ltd. Henri Richard card recently and was hoping someone here might have some info about it? Approximately 6x4, blank-backed. I've never seen one of these before, but I'm guessing 1950's or 1960's? I did a search online and couldn't find any info on the set other than an Ebay sale featuring an example of Bob Rousseau, although the format and lettering at the bottom are different than the Richard. Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks, Adam

There is no set. These are Promotional Postcards with images taken from their team issued postcards. Richard and Rousseau worked for Shopsy Food in the off season and Shopsy printed postcards for them for promotional purposes. Here are their team issued cards:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Richard.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	7552

Click image for larger version

Name:	Rouseau.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	5.2 KB
ID:	7553
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by eschneidman View Post
      TRichard and Rousseau worked for Shopsy Food in the off season and Shopsy printed postcards for them for promotional purposes.
      Are you sure? I can be wrong, but I never heard that Shopsy had a location in La Belle Province nor out of Toronto. Could it be an one-time promo? Also, I always heard that Rocket was a representative for Dow Brewery in the off season.

Comment

I agree with eschneidman, players represented several companies during the off season. Back in the days they all had a summer job and it changed over the years.

Villager you don't need a physical location to hire a spoke person to Promote your products on a territory. The fact that these are bilingual and the Rousseau specifies Québec on it confirms the location. And yes, several Québec restaurants served Shopsy food products.

Note that this is Henri, not the Rocket. Plus the top players endorsed many companies in their career.

Henri did Shopsy, but others like British Petroleum, Montreal construction supply… The Rocket did Dow, Bovril, General fishing lines, Capri electronic, 2 sapins caugh sirup, Jarry automobile, gymnasium-school, Equitable life, S. Albert oil, scrap metals, Marabout books, gas equipment, Dofasco...

Comment

I had in mind Shopsy Restaurants (or a grocery store) itself, not the brand and you're right, I have misread Rocket, not Pocket Rocket. Everything make sense to me now.

Comment

Working...
          X