Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's not vintage, but an exception must be made sometimes.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's not vintage, but an exception must be made sometimes.

Anyone else in on this one?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot-2019-3-25 1990 Upper Deck Hockey Mike Modano ROOKIE RC #46 PSA 6 EXMT (PWCC) eBay.png
Views:	1
Size:	737.6 KB
ID:	7156

Pwcc charges 10 percent plus $5 for anything that sells for less than $50. Im guessing whoever consigned this should have just lit the card and a $5 bill on fire instead.

Comment

Joking aside, The price of shipping will easily buy you quite a few PSA 10's on ebay away from PWCC, I can't believe how much money they are making these days on shipping, come on I live in Florida in the Winter and know you can send a bubble mailer with a graded card with tracking number for FN $3.50. $25 for shipping a PSA 6 Modano RC worth a buck, give me a break. World Wide saver LOL, World Wide Rip Off.

Comment

• 'NuckFan
        'NuckFan commented
        Editing a comment
        Don't blame PWCC- blame the knob that consigned the card. Or the knob that buys it.
        PWCC's rates are mostly standard across the board based on minimum value. Shipping starts at $25 US to us Northerners.
        I've currently got $700 in cards coming for $35 shipping. Paid invoice to in my hands in Vancouver takes 4-5 days.
        My last shipment was 65 cards valued at about $1000 CA for $35 US as well.
        Pretty fair deal IMO.
        Employees cost money in wages. There's overhead as well.It's a huge operation with monthly auctions and 1000s of cards. So Brent makes a few bucks now and then on shipping with lesser sales- big deal.
        Beats the hell out of the Global Scamming Program- Pitney Bowes and eBay have quite the racket going.
        Last edited by 'NuckFan; 03-27-2019, 11:10 PM.

Worthy of attention...

Comment

• gomaz
        gomaz commented
        Editing a comment
        I had to go look to see if they actually put that in the description.....thankfully they didn't!

This is the era I grew up in - the era of mass produced sh*t.

Comment

• Hotstoveclub
        Hotstoveclub commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah I bet we all have this set. Still lots of great cards in this set and upper deck still leader in card industry with new collectors to hobby which we need.

Card looks certified high end for a 6. .....

Comment

Please, note that someone has placed a bid on the card.
        Seriously, in that case, the shipping rate issue is due that it is using a flat rate UPS service, not a first class USPS (US Mail) letter. In addition to that, if the buyer is in Canada, UPS will charge him exorbitant customs brokerage fees on something that would clear the customs free of charge in the mail stream. Personally, I avoid all international UPS and Fedex shipments, if the seller doesn't want to ship USPS and I really want his stuff or I can't find it elsewhere, I would get it delivered to an US address, then reshipped by mail to me.

Comment

Maybe the bidder is buying more cards, making this ship for free ?

Comment

Originally posted by villager View Post
            Please, note that someone has placed a bid on the card.
            Yeah, the owner or a family member.

Comment

Working...
            X