X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morenz RC

I guess I posted it in the wrong place. An SGC 60/5 RC just sold for 14400 USD yesterday on Robert Edwards. Any thoughts? I heard that a PSA Authentic (pop 4 out of 42 total graded) damaged Morenz RC is coming up on PWCC. Wonder what that would sell for. Funny how a Mantle Authentic (pop 131 over 1621 total)still fetches big money despite the pop out there. Way more Americans that collect baseball.
    Last edited by HowieMorenz7; 03-25-2019, 08:13 AM.

I think it did well. It was at best a weak 5 but probably a 3-4

https://bid.robertedwardauctions.com...e?itemid=57123

Comment

Originally posted by Jim View Post
      I think it did well. It was at best a weak 5 but probably a 3-4

https://bid.robertedwardauctions.com...e?itemid=57123
      Really? Looks EX to me. The nicest looking Morenz I’ve seen for sale in a while.

Comment

I don't think it would get a psa 5 looking around the bottom left corner, front and back.

Comment

Congrats to Andy for doing real well on this Orr Pre Rookie card, finally getting the money it deserves at $7800. Glad I bought mine from Capsports years ago on ebay for a measly $120. https://bid.robertedwardauctions.com...e?itemid=57154

Comment

Wow. That's awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by DanTheVintageMan View Post
            Congrats to Andy for doing real well on this Orr Pre Rookie card, finally getting the money it deserves at $7800. Glad I bought mine from Capsports years ago on ebay for a measly $120. https://bid.robertedwardauctions.com...e?itemid=57154
            How rare is this card? This is my first time actually seeing it. I don't remember seeing it in any of Bobby's books. I notice there are a couple of the Oshawa Generals cards of Orr on Ebay but this one looks like it's tougher than just about all of Orr's rare stuff.

Comment

• Andy Baran
              Andy Baran commented
              Editing a comment
              The Orr card is very rare. I recently purchased a lower grade example with an early Orr autograph on it, and since I like to collect lower grade cards, I decided to sell the higher grade one. The Oshawa Orr cards on eBay are very interesting. They have long been thought of as some kind of scrap, but I have done a good amount of research and am now confident that they are authentic and from the 1965-66 season as well. These are at least as rare, and probably more rare, than the card that I just sold on REA. I recently worked out a deal to get one of the smaller Oshawa Orr cards. I also own both the large and small versions of Wayne Cashman. Interestingly, the Cashman cards use different images, while the Orr cards use the same image. I also own similar cards from the Toronto Marlboros of Brad Park (1965-66) and Mike Walton (1963-64). You can check them all out on my website @ https://www.collectorfocus.com/colle...tion-1960-1970

• topnotchcollectible.com
              Editing a comment
              this card was originally mine-and promised when sold it wouldn't be resold -someone owes me big $$$$$-!!!

Order Status: Completed

Line # Item # Cert # Grade Description Type
              1 1 28143248 EXCELLENT 5 1965-1966 Crown Life Spotlight-Generals Bobby Orr Card

• Andy Baran
              Andy Baran commented
              Editing a comment
              Sounds like this card has passed through a couple of hands in the past few years. I didn't realize that it originated from Larry.

The Orr card is very rare. I recently purchased a lower grade example with an early Orr autograph on it, and since I like to collect lower grade cards, I decided to sell the higher grade one. The Oshawa Orr cards on eBay are very interesting. They have long been thought of as some kind of scrap, but I have done a good amount of research and am now confident that they are authentic and from the 1965-66 season as well. These are at least as rare, and probably more rare, than the card that I just sold on REA. I recently worked out a deal to get one of the smaller Oshawa Orr cards. I also own both the large and small versions of Wayne Cashman. Interestingly, the Cashman cards use different images, while the Orr cards use the same image. I also own similar cards from the Toronto Marlboros of Brad Park (1965-66) and Mike Walton (1963-64). You can check them all out on my website @ https://www.collectorfocus.com/colle...tion-1960-1970

One would wonder why they are not graded already (if PSA or SGC grades those). I would hate to pay big money for it and have no company want to grade it or say they are not authentic.

Comment

• Andy Baran
              Andy Baran commented
              Editing a comment
              There are very few of them. I already got the Park card graded by SGC, and I am confident that I will be able to get the Orr and Cashman graded as well.

wonder what that Morenz Authentic will look like and the discussion surrounding that?

Comment

"Sounds like this card has passed through a couple of hands in the past few years. I didn't realize that it originated from Larry".

Many rare cards originate from Larry.

Comment

Originally posted by HowieMorenz7 View Post
                wonder what that Morenz Authentic will look like and the discussion surrounding that?
                They just posted it. Looks rough, even by my taste. Maybe 2K?

Comment

• HowieMorenz7
                  HowieMorenz7 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I have seen rougher Mantles sell for more!...lol---

That Morenz does look fugly.

Comment

• HowieMorenz7
                  HowieMorenz7 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Still a chance for someone to own a Morenz RC--not many out there

Can somebody please post a link. Where is this Morenz? Thanks

Comment

The RC. https://www.pwccmarketplace.com/curr...ms_per_page=50

Comment

• DanTheVintageMan
                  DanTheVintageMan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Bicycle spokes ATTACK LOL

• Puck_That
                  Puck_That commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Not bad. I would say KSA 3.