X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1933 OPC Hockey

I have noticed the 1933 O PEE CHEE "series A" cards come with different background colours, Is there any reason the cards were printed that way, I have noticed the same players with different coloured backgrounds. Are some background colours rarer than others, or is this just some random thing? Just curious as I may start to dabble a bit with these and pick up some HOF'ers along the way. 'It's just good info to have if some are rarer than others, and I would like to know, Thanks in advance for any reply's.

I have built the 1933 OPC A Series set and most of the B Series. I know that each player came in all 4 colors, but all sell for the same price. I haven't ever heard that one color is more rare than any other. A few guys have built the set with all 4 color varieties but I was happy just to finish it with a variety of colors. It's a great set with a lot of HOF rookies and HOF players. You can get some good deals on these cards at times. i feel that it's an undervalued set overall.

Comment

I was able to find these four for my Morenz collection: The red seemed easier but who knows?
      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3089.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	142.7 KB
ID:	7124

Comment

It can also be a variety for this series of Hamilton Gum
        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4714.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	7125

Comment

OPC was pretty smart, same black and white picture but different colour background, so kids would want all the varieties. Nice grouping of Morenz cards, looks like OPC got you too, you big kid you.

Comment

Working...
          X