X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model of Maple Leaf Gardens circa 1951

Recently built model of MLG> Old timers should get a kick out of this.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SArJPKtqXmA
    Last edited by cawman4; 03-08-2019, 08:07 AM.

Wow--that's extremely creative! I love your attention to detail and the recording of Foster Hewitt calling the game when Barilko scored the Cup winning goal is genius!

Comment

Thanks. I recently retired and always wanted to build a model. Saw the little Danbury Mint gardens and thought I could do better. The speaker will play any mp3 Bluetooth. God save the King, traffic noises, crowd noises, chants of go Leafs go, 1967 Stanley cup play by plays by Bill Hewitt. The sounds bring it to life with all the lights on.

Comment

That is absolutely impressive. Congratulations!

Comment

Congratulations on your amazing work ! Love it !

Comment

sweet

Comment

That is some fantastic detail. It would be the sort of thing to treasure because I can appreciate the hours of hard work that would go into the research, much less the construction.

Comment

Absolutely beautiful! A true labor of love. Congratulations on the fantastic job!

Comment

I'm not old enough to remember the Gardens in 1951, could really see the differences between that and the '60's. Never knew that there was a restaurant near the main entrance. Wonderful detail, I can't imagine all the hours that went into it. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

I read that there were stores all down Church back then but I couldn't find any pictures of which stores. I think Doug Lauries started on Church before it was moved to the front. I would love it if any old timers had and information on the surrounding stores.

Comment

Great piece, congrats. A cool way to occupy your spare time.
                      P.S I like the mini sticks in the wood frame beside!

Comment

Amazing!!!

Comment

Nice job....If you are bored you could start building a Boston Garden for me

Comment

Working...
                          X