Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just saw that Ted Lindsay had passed away...

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just saw that Ted Lindsay had passed away...

Ted Lindsay passed away last night at age 93. It's amazing how many of the old time hockey players lived such long lives! RIP Ted!

He was a pioneer for players and helped form the NHLPA, he fought to get players paid what they deserved, like other professional athletes in baseball and football. He refused to go to his own hall of fame induction in 1966 because his wife and children were not able to attend the ceremony. Although small in stature, he was a scrappy individual, who would not get pushed around by anyone. His status in the NHL as a formidable opponent, as well as a key part of the famous production line will be part of his legacy forever, RIP in Ted, you will always be remembered.

Comment

A true giant of the game of hockey. Always fan friendly and a real gentleman. Sadly another icon from my youth has passed. RIP Ted Lindsay.

Comment

One of my all-time favourites for sure. They say God hates a coward. I think this gentleman is safe. He was so friendly at Expo. He’s already missed.
        Last edited by hart2004; 03-04-2019, 03:02 PM.

Comment

The Production Line has been REUNITED!

Click image for larger version

Name:	LLgallery01.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	21.3 KB
ID:	7107

Comment

• Billyberu
            Billyberu commented
            Editing a comment
            Well said Puck

I hope to see each arena around the league honor him with a tribute at their next home game and the players reflect what he brought to their cause. RIP Ted Lindsay!

Comment

I think Ted might of signed more autographs then anybody! Always in on the action wether scoring or roughing it up.

Comment

He was a great signer until the end. RIP Ted.
              There are not many players left from the 1940's and it makes me sad. In the last couple of weeks we've lost Plamondon, Irwin, now Lindsay...

Comment

• villager
                villager commented
                Editing a comment
                ...And Red Sullivan, Andy Heberton and Andre Boudrias too.

Click image for larger version

Name:	56-Lindsay.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	188.0 KB
ID:	7108
              RIP Mr. Lindsay

Comment

Great player and great person on and off the ice.
                He was the #1 rival of my idol, but they had mutual respect for each other.
                I had the pleasure to meet him twice and it was very positive...

Comment

Working...
                X