X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with value

I had a person this evening offer me a complete set of the 1968 Sheriff coins.Set includes all the short prints. He has five coins graded. Including the 3 really tough Seals coins.Two of them graded PSA 8 and the other one graded a PSA 7. The other two graded coins are the Howe and Orr and both graded PSA9.The owner feel very sure that all the remaining coins will grade PSA 7
    or better.So what do you vintage experts think this may be worth. I do know his asking price and he sounded pretty darn firm. So it may not just be an asking price. He does not have the shields for the set.Thanks.

$12,000

I don't think that this set had shields available.

Comment

Great set.
      I would caution you to take a close look at the seals shortprints. There were some fakes going around and some were graded by psa.

Comment

• HockeyCollect
        HockeyCollect commented
        Editing a comment
        Exactly what I was going to say. Use UV mini light and compare with real. Check the white background to tell the difference.

Originally posted by Jim View Post
      Great set.
      I would caution you to take a close look at the seals shortprints. There were some fakes going around and some were graded by psa.

Absolutely this 100%

Comment

Hi,
        Shoot me an email?
        vintagehockey@bellaliant.net
        Hart

Comment

Originally posted by Jim View Post
          Great set.
          I would caution you to take a close look at the seals short prints. There were some fakes going around and some were graded by psa.
          I would have no idea how to tell the difference. I am in no way an expert.So for me I would need to assume if PSA graded them they are real.
          But if PSA has graded ones that are not real I would certainly be one of those people that would get taken.I would never know the difference myself.
          Thanks a lot for this information though, because it will be very helpful to anyone else that may be interested.

Comment

Can anyone recommend a UV mini light (with magnifier or without? recommendations?) perhaps on amazon.ca?

I need something to see cards better at Expo etc.

The cheap magnifying glass with light I bought at Staples is not doing it. Thanks.

Comment

• HowieMorenz7
              HowieMorenz7 commented
              Editing a comment
              Do you mean LED light or UV (which is black light)

• rocket9richard
              rocket9richard commented
              Editing a comment
              A few years back I ordered on Canada Post online. They have a few items for stamps collectors that work well. You can probably find Something in coins collector shops also.
          Working...
          X