X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Relatives

One of my favourite parts of the hobby is when you can sell something to a descendant of a vintage player. It doesn't happen often to me, but today I sold a Hap Day card to one of his relatives. A couple years ago or so, I sold a Marty Barry card to a close descendant of his. I'm a collector first and foremost, but selling in rare cases like this feels somehow similar to me if that isn't too odd a thing to say~!

It is also a great feeling when you have the chance to meet and buy directly from the players and their family, especially when they welcome you in their house and show you all the souvenirs and game used items.

Comment

Never had the pleasure. Maybe one day.

Comment

I have a large collection of Blackhawks games on vhs/dvd and have hooked up players and their families with footage of games, which has been very cool through the years.

Comment

That's something else!

Comment

I've acquired several Forbes Kennedy cards and other Memorabilia for his family. The nicest items would be his game model stick signed by the inaugural Flyers expansion team and a 1957 Topps PSA 9 Rookie 1 of 6

Comment

Working...
            X