Clear All

• Odd-looking Bobby Orr Rookie on eBay:

A lot of 1966 Topps Bobby Orr rookies were miscut. Many look like this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l1600 (6).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	589.6 KB
ID:	7042

If you look at the bottom, you will see that when his name, and team name is near to the edge, then Bobby Hull's name can be seen on the top. I've actually seen quite a few cards that look like this.

Now yesterday I came across this card currently on eBay:

Name:	s-l1600 (5).jpg
Size:	418.3 KB
ID:	7043

If you look at the bottom, you will see that his name and team name is actually a bit closer to the edge (compared to the one on the top), but Bobby Hull's name does not appear on the top - weird!

I decided to examine this card even more and this is the back side:

Name:	s-l1600 (4).jpg
Size:	235.4 KB
ID:	7044

I want you guys to TURN UP the brightness on your screen first. Now look at the two corners that I have circled and compare them to the other two corners (that I have not circled). Looks weird doesn't it?

I actually emailed Nathan about this - he is the KSA grader - and he replied back pretty quickly to me. He said that he is going to "look into it." That's all he said. I seriously hope he does!

Hopefully he gets back to you. I had a KSA graded 54 topps card (8) that I cracked and was noticeably smaller than all others. He said he’d get back to me, still waiting.

Comment

He'll get right on it. Lol
      I think almost every card the seller has is trimmed .......... and Ksa graded

Comment

Rather than "get back" to someone maybe he should "get with it" and learn how to grade cards.

Comment

Not. Saying. A. Word.

Comment

Dam even the cut is like a smoking gun. I wonder how long ago this was done

Comment

That's bad ! Clearly trimmed and should be easy to spot for a qualified grader.

Comment

Working...
              X