X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Looking Parkhurst Rookie

Post a pic of your favourite(s) *looking* Parkhurst (1951-1963) rookie cards?

The second 1963 Parkhurst Caesar Manniago RC comes to mind:

Click image for larger version

Name:	caesar.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	260.9 KB
ID:	7022

Comment

The 1953 Worsley RC looks pretty good with its contrasting colors:

Name:	1953_Parkhurst_53_GWorsley.jpg
Size:	175.1 KB
ID:	7025
      Last edited by GillesRen; 01-14-2019, 11:21 AM.

Comment

Jacques Plante rookie. This wicked pose is one of the biggest reasons why this card has always been popular with collectors. If this card had been a portrait shot instead, then it would be worth less, IMO.

Name:	original.png?1382488998.png
Size:	592.4 KB
ID:	7026

Comment

Those are 3 very good ones. My favourite is also the Jacques Plante 1955 Parkhurst!

Nice to see the first 3 posts are 3 goalie cards!

Comment

Attachment Being a Maritimer i always liked the 63 Alex Faulkner RC. The flag backgrounds really popped. I bought this particular card at a show 25 years ago off a guy that had a 50 count case full of the same card. I picked out what i thought was the best of the bunch and eventually had it graded .Should have tried to buy the case full but such is life lol
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Islandlad99; 01-17-2019, 09:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Islandlad99 View Post
              Being a Maritimer i always liked the 63 Alex Faulkner RC. The flag backgrounds really popped. I bought this particular card at a show 25 years ago off a guy that had a 50 count case full of the same card. I picked out what i thought was the best of the bunch and eventually had it graded .Should have tried to buy the case full but such is life lol
              Lovely set and card. I'm in the Maritimes too. I can't find a 1963 York Faulkner in Ex or better to finish my life out here! Do you have a spare to sell me?

Comment

• Islandlad99
                Islandlad99 commented
                Editing a comment
                No sorry i have lots of Habs/Leafs but no Faulkner

The Plante might be the best looking post-War card period...the Beliveau RC is gorgeous too.

Comment

As soon as I saw this question I knew the answer--1955 Jacques Plante rc. PuckThat beat me to it, but I can't think of many cards that are more beautiful than that one. The colors jump off the card and the action shot of Plante reaching for the puck with such a look of focus and concentration is simply hard to beat.

I also think that the 1953 Parkhurst Andy Bathgate rc is a great looking card. Really seems to be a tough card to find too!

Comment

Working...
                X