Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PWCC Vault

https://www.pwccmarketplace.com/vault

What are your initial thoughts on this new service?

My first thought was: can I handle not having physical possession of my collectibles?

Someone else looking after your collection is like someone else sleeping with your wife for you. (One exception is if you keep your upper end stuff in safety deposit boxes like I do.)

Comment

Brent needs to come up with better ways to spend his money.

Comment

I think it caters to the guys who use these cards as investment only vehicles and it’s a good idea kinda for them. Maybe those guys who don’t love cards but see their potential investment portfolio.

Comment

This service is not for you guys. This is for people strictly in this as an investment. You can buy, store and then sell , all at a click of a button

Comment

Yes, this is like buying a stock. You click BUY and it shows up in your portfolio, You track the value and then eventually decide that the time is right and click SELL. The stock leaves your portfolio and you see the cash you made.

This is not collecting!

Comment

Originally posted by strohman View Post
              Yes, this is like buying a stock. You click BUY and it shows up in your portfolio, You track the value and then eventually decide that the time is right and click SELL. The stock leaves your portfolio and you see the cash you made.

This is not collecting!
              I mean, the more people see these cards as investments/stocks, the better for collectors' card values. So I don't mind it at all. But as a collector? Not in a million months of Sundays.

Comment

Thanks for your thoughts/comments.

Ultimately, I consider my entire collection an investment, whether the return is in $ or an intangible measure of happiness. It’s just the time horizons may differ between short, mid or long term. I only have a graded collection and my kids have shown no interest in the hobby, so I also think a lot about monetizing my collection, eventually. There are obvious certain cards I need to have in my possession for the long term and I can categorize another portion of my collection as expendable/tradable/cash flow management, so I think I will gather more on this Vault service.

Comment

Working...
                X