ID:	6976

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	009.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	215.9 KB
ID:	6986
      Most fun pick up!
      Last edited by topnotchcollectible.com; 01-01-2019, 06:45 PM.

Comment

• HowieMorenz7
        HowieMorenz7 commented
        Editing a comment
        Go Tamara Go!

best hockey item pick-up BY FAR- getting Bobby orr in person signing my 1960's Macleans magazine! Click image for larger version

Name:	020.jpg
Size:	108.9 KB
ID:	6985

Comment

Here’s my number one for vintage hockey this year - a big upgrade for my set.

14 Joliat by Anish Cards, on Flickr

Comment

• fhennessy15
          fhennessy15 commented
          Editing a comment
          Beautiful card! They don't pop up too often. I feel like this was GretzkyCards before he purchased a PSA 5.5....I could be wrong though. Anyway I feel like this card still has a lot of room to grow...still undervalued!

• Anish
          Anish commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you

1933 WWG Ice Kings partial set which I have since completed. Set ranges from Vg to Nrmt, mixed graded and raw. Have doubles from this set. Let me know if you need anything. vintagehockey@bellaliant.net

Name:	IMG_9163.JPG
Size:	784.1 KB
ID:	7000

Name:	IMG_9161.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	581.4 KB
ID:	6998

Name:	IMG_9164.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	727.1 KB
ID:	6999
        Attached Files
        Last edited by hart2004; 01-05-2019, 10:11 PM.

Comment

• Stampsfan
          Stampsfan commented
          Editing a comment
          Beautiful Thompson!!!! Tough high number from that set.

My set is nearly complete, but not in as nice shape as what you have here. Congrats.

What are blue stickers on holders?

Comment

• hart2004
          hart2004 commented
          Editing a comment
          I put blue stickers on all my graded RCs. I use white ROOKIE Top Loaders otherwise.

No one else in the forum had a great 2018 pick up??? Only 4 responses!...c'mon guys...stop creeping and start posting!

Comment

This is a very hard question. I'd imagine if you have multiple children, its asking you to pick a favorite. My favorite pick up is usually my latest pick up...... until the next one.
          Off the top of my head, I think that I only added 4-5 items to my collection in 2018 and I love'em all

Comment

Best pick-up of 2018? For me, it came late...….easily the 67 Topps wrapper. Have chased that one for over 20 years.

Comment

I didn't pick up very much in the way of hockey collectibles in 2018 as I've been focusing on my Amazing Spider-Man collection. The only things that come to mind are:

-a 65-66 Coca-Cola set still attached to their perforated team sheets,
              -an unscratched 80-81 Topps set,
              -a 2000-01 Topps Heritage set complete with short prints to complete my run of all three Heritage Hockey sets,
              -an autographed copy of Frank Mahovlich's autobiography at a book fair,
              -a Bobby Hull autographed card in his WHA Jets uni,
              -an autographed copy of Bobby Orr's new book. I was shocked and lucky to see one in a book store. Unfortunately, Bobby didn't come to Winnipeg to sign them.

I did put together a pretty nice 66-67 Topps set in 2017.

Comment

I have concentrated my efforts on my HOF RC set in 2018 with 14 additions. Here are my favorite acquisitions of the year:

1952 Parkhurst Dickie Moore
                1953 Parkhurst Gump Worsley
                1955 Parkhurst Bill Durnan

I hope to add another 5 or 6 cards in high grade to my set during 2019.

2018 was also the year I bought my first prewar cards, two 1936 OPC Series D.

Comment

I am a major collector of everything Scottie Upshall.Particularly his game used jerseys.I have at least one from every major team that he has ever played for.
                  From his junior days in Kamloops to what now appears to be his last team in St.Louis.I even have one of his Team Canada jerseys that he wore.So in the fall
                  of 2018 I was able to pick up his St.Louis home game used.I already had his away jersey so to get his home jersey was a real treat.Just waiting now to somehow find
                  one of his Milwaukee Admirals of the AHL.Then I will consider my collection of his jerseys complete.So I am hoping 2019 will deliver that last piece for my collection.

Comment

One of the last items I picked up in 2018 was this Hawks jersey from Classic Auctions. I've wanted one from the late 60's / early 70's for a long time.
                    https://classicauctions.net/LotDetai...ntoryid=143916

Looks great hung up in my den, but unfortunately something had to be taken down off my wall.

Comment

Originally posted by Stampsfan View Post
                      Beautiful Thompson!!!! Tough high number from that set.

My set is nearly complete, but not in as nice shape as what you have here. Congrats.
                      Thank you sir.

Comment

Working...
                      X