Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went with Lemieux. Could win a game by himself sailing through the entire opposing team.

Comment

Originally posted by tigolbitties View Post
      I went with Lemieux. Could win a game by himself sailing through the entire opposing team.
      Sounds like you should have voted for Orr if that’s your criteria. Mario was magic in the offensive zone but as a center he rarely went end to end.

Comment

Poll ended. This was one of my most successful threads. It got nearly 40 votes and over 700 views! Thank you to everyone who participated.

There are a few who didn't vote and I'm not sure why. If this poll had received 60 votes, or even more, then it would have made things a lot more interesting.

The winner is BOBBY ORR. I noticed towards the end that Gretzky started catching up, but stopped at 12 votes.

Anyways, I know that many of you on this forum were born in the 1960s. This means that a lot you guys grew up in the "Orr era." I'm not surprised that he gets so much love on this forum. If most people on this forum were closer to my age, then I'm pretty sure Gretzky would have won. And if there were a lot of baby boomers on here, then Gordie wouldn't have gotten only 4 votes!

Thanks again for voting and posting your thoughts. We should do more polls in the future because they are fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Puck_That View Post
          Poll ended. This was one of my most successful threads. It got nearly 40 votes and over 700 views! Thank you to everyone who participated.

There are a few who didn't vote and I'm not sure why. If this poll had received 60 votes, or even more, then it would have made things a lot more interesting.

The winner is BOBBY ORR. I noticed towards the end that Gretzky started catching up, but stopped at 12 votes.

Anyways, I know that many of you on this forum were born in the 1960s. This means that a lot you guys grew up in the "Orr era." I'm not surprised that he gets so much love on this forum. If most people on this forum were closer to my age, then I'm pretty sure Gretzky would have won. And if there were a lot of baby boomers on here, then Gordie wouldn't have gotten only 4 votes!

Thanks again for voting and posting your thoughts. We should do more polls in the future because they are fun.
          I grew up in Gretzky's era and it's not even close that Orr was the best to me.

Comment

Grew up in Gretzky era. Had him third.

Comment

Grew up in the Orr era. Gretzky was my vote. No way would I vote for a Bruin as a Habs fan.

Comment

Well, if you were to get 300 people who grew up in the Gretzky era to vote for their GOAT, then I'm pretty sure most of them would choose Gretzky. Damir, Hart and I are minorities here and I think this is because we are hockey historians as well. We have studied the game so much and we don't just accept whatever the media tells us (that Gretzky is God). For example, I was born in the 80s and I selected Gordie Howe. How many guys from my era would do that? Probably less than ten percent, IMO. However, most of these guys couldn't tell you who Eddie Shore or Newsy Lalonde was.

Ron, if Orr had been a Hab, then would he have gotten your vote?

Comment

I am a big Habs fan, born in the 70's, grew up watching Gretzky, Lemieux, Bossy…

My idol is the Rocket, but I voted for Orr because he is Simply the all-time best all around player. He could do it all in the offensive zone and the defensive zone as well.

Comment

Working...
                  X