Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AANVJeff
    started a topic Recent PSA Submission Results

Recent PSA Submission Results

I'm trying to gauge how PSA has been treating everyone lately.

Obviously turnaround times have been terrible for everyone and the new expectation is that we're going to have to wait four months for results.

With that having been said, the last 6 months' worth of submissions have been all over the place for me.

I had 5 submissions and in the first 4 that I got back, I went about 3 for 200 with expected grades. 2 orders had exactly 0 cards that met expectations, and the other 2 orders had 1 and 2 cards that almost allowed me to break even on grading fees..

I was at the point where I had given up on PSA and swore to never use them again, but then my last order that popped was loaded with 10s and other incredible results.

How have things been with collectors on this board?

• Billyberu
    commented on 's reply
    No just regular so ~87 business days assuming they do not work on weekends with their backlog?

• Jim
    replied
    129 business days?

Leave a comment:

• Billyberu
    replied
    129 days and waiting impatiently. WTF

Leave a comment:

• strohman
    commented on 's reply
    I crossed over SGC cards years ago and almost always had good luck. I never tried with any other grading companies but I used to think that SGC cards were pretty much equal in grade to PSA. I had some 50's and 60's Topps and OPC cards and almost every one of them crossed over at the same grade as was listed on the SGC label. A few came back still in the SGC holder though. I really hope these cards cross over without any problem, especially after waiting so long for them to get graded!

• smallpaul2002
    replied
    Agreed, I have sent them in both ways, and cracking them out of their holders has provided a higher success rate for even or higher PSA grading

Leave a comment:

• rocket9richard
    replied
    I also prefer to crack and send cards raw, I rarely had success for cross over from other grading companies to PSA.

Leave a comment:

• 'NuckFan
    replied
    Originally posted by strohman View Post
    I sent 8 cards in to be crossed over from SGC to PSA. Turnaround time is supposed to be 25 business days. Today makes 38 business days, so I'm way over what they claimed. I'm just hoping they all cross over to PSA. I did put minimum grades, but I asked for grades that were .5 to 1 grade lower than the SGC grade. I'm hoping that strategy works, especially after waiting this long!
    I'd be more inclined to crack the SGCs and submit as raw if you are requesting lower grades.
    Are the cards rare or key, or maybe more common?
    I'm quite interested in seeing how your crossovers turn out. I've got quite a few SGCs and GAIs that I'm sitting on the fence with. The GAIs look exactly like equivalent grade PSAs IMO.The SGCs look ever so slightly lesser.
    Good luck!
    Last edited by 'NuckFan; 02-28-2019, 02:27 AM.

Leave a comment:

• strohman
    replied
    I sent 8 cards in to be crossed over from SGC to PSA. Turnaround time is supposed to be 25 business days. Today makes 38 business days, so I'm way over what they claimed. I'm just hoping they all cross over to PSA. I did put minimum grades, but I asked for grades that were .5 to 1 grade lower than the SGC grade. I'm hoping that strategy works, especially after waiting this long!

Leave a comment:

• HowieMorenz7
    commented on 's reply
    I have used Len in the past when I was building sets. I was very pleased with his services and speed. Never a mix up. Go with it.

• 'NuckFan
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks guys. Individual submission forms make sense.
    In your wisdom, do you think it would make more sense for me to submit from Vancouver to Len, rather than submitting to PSA personally?
    I've never had issues with Customs or paying duties in the last few years of personally submitting, but turn around times these days seem out of control. 85 days for typical bulk submissions is quite a long time. New Collector's Club membership quarterly special for bulk ($100 card value) is 65 days/$10 per card/25 card minimum is moderately better- shaves about a month off the wait and reduces the submission minimum quantity by 50% (typically 50 cards for general bulk services)
    Thoughts?.

• topnotchcollectible.com
    commented on 's reply
    he sends each order in on its own form- in its own submission - what do you think he throughs them all in a box willy nilly!---- he sends alot of orders in-but every order is its own separate order-and they are all returned to him the same way from psa------------------------ NO WORRIES- nothing is going to get mixed up-

• Billyberu
    commented on 's reply
    Are you insinuating this item was sent in by a high volume customer to PSA. wink!

• Billyberu
    commented on 's reply
    That would be on Len. When submitting you are suppose to attach submission line item # on loader so if there is an error it would be on Len I guess. Typically cards even though the same have features that distinguish them apart usually. Just my 2 cents. Any recourse for an error! Probably not.

• 'NuckFan
    replied
    My question if using Len to submit would be what control measures are there?
    How do i know if i'm getting my particular card back if several of the same issue are submitted?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X