X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recent PSA Submission Results

I'm trying to gauge how PSA has been treating everyone lately.

Obviously turnaround times have been terrible for everyone and the new expectation is that we're going to have to wait four months for results.

With that having been said, the last 6 months' worth of submissions have been all over the place for me.

I had 5 submissions and in the first 4 that I got back, I went about 3 for 200 with expected grades. 2 orders had exactly 0 cards that met expectations, and the other 2 orders had 1 and 2 cards that almost allowed me to break even on grading fees..

I was at the point where I had given up on PSA and swore to never use them again, but then my last order that popped was loaded with 10s and other incredible results.

How have things been with collectors on this board?

Originally posted by AANVJeff View Post

Obviously turnaround times have been terrible for everyone and the new expectation is that we're going to have to wait four months for results.
    If you don't want to wait a long time, then give your cards to Len Pottie.

Now I submitted quite a bit to PSA this year, and here is what I have to say: when it comes to North American issues, such as Topps, O-Pee-Chee, Bowman, etc., PSA is more predictable as to what grades they are going to give out. The only problem is when you send in International issues; they are all over the place with these cards.

Comment

I've only sent a few expensive cards in the last few months. It never took more than 2-3 days past the expected time frame. Shipping was super fast using FedEx. Grades were 0.5 to 1 grade lower than expected on most cards, but a some were just as expected and 1-2 over my estimate… Very satisfied overall

Comment

Originally posted by Puck_That View Post

Now I submitted quite a bit to PSA this year, and here is what I have to say: when it comes to North American issues, such as Topps, O-Pee-Chee, Bowman, etc., PSA is more predictable as to what grades they are going to give out. The only problem is when you send in International issues; they are all over the place with these cards.

I have heard great things about his deal with PSA, but I am located in the USA and don't want to deal with the logistical nightmare that is presented by the Canadian border.

Comment

Originally posted by Puck_That View Post
          What exactly are you saying here? Does Len get preferential timing (or grading) on his submissions? If so, how do you know this?
          If you go with Len, does he get better pricing?

Details, we need details...

Comment

Originally posted by Stampsfan View Post

What exactly are you saying here? Does Len get preferential timing (or grading) on his submissions? If so, how do you know this?
            If you go with Len, does he get better pricing?

Details, we need details...

Yes, PSA grades his stuff very quickly because he always sends them massive orders every month. He has some kind of deal with them. I usually get my stuff back in five weeks. I have given him lots of cards this year and no problems so far (except for the crappy grades from PSA!) I do give him a lot of cheap stuff too, and he charges me $8 per card (valued under $100). I think PSA charges more for the cheaper stuff - not sure. You would have to email him and ask for a submission, and then you can compare the prices. Good luck

Comment

The standard price for bulk orders is $8 per card. You normally have to send in 100 + cards, but the turnaround time is 65 business days. You are definitely getting your cards back quicker than the average person. It would just cost too much for someone in the US to ship cards to Canada and have to get them shipped back to Canada and then back to the US.

Comment

So IYO's, if I went to the Expo and PSA were there accepting submissions, and Len was there selling (as he usually does), I might get different services (and possibly prices) depending on where I submitted the cards?

Also, I am looking to get some of my higher end stuff graded, like my full V-145 set and '52 Topps Mathews.

Anyone have experiences they'd like to share? I've bought from Len in the past, and it's always been a positive experience, but I am turning over some nice cards for grading. That's one of the reasons I am planning to fly out to TO the next time PSA takes submissions there. If they are not there in May, would you recommend I hand my stuff over to Len?

Thanks in advance...

Comment

My last submission was 100 cards.I used Len because he is very close to me and that he sets up at our local show.So I was there,he was there so no shipping the cards to him.He looked after the shipping for me.When they were returned to him I had the option of him sending them by mail to me or pick them up in person.So being in no hurry I oped for picking them up in person at the next card show.All my cards were valued under $100 so I was able to use the buck submission.The return time in my case was about 1 month.We have a card show once a month and he picked them up at one show and handed them to me at the next show.But I think if you look into the reason for the quick turn around time when using Len.You may find the reason to be is that Len is the area representative for PSA.So when his order come in I believe that PSA give a bit of priority on his orders.Len sends cards once a month.So if you miss his shipping date then obviously your waiting time will be longer.This was my first ever submission to PSA.I was always nervous about shipping cards out of Canada to the USA for grading so I always used KSA.But after this experience with Len I now see no worries what so ever.And I am sure that another 100 card order is closed to being put together.

Comment

If you live in Canada, go with Len Pottie. It saves you the border hassle, etc. Len has been a great help for me more so in the past. I plan on using him again in the future.

Comment

Working...
                    X