X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Card advice

I am not an expert eye for grading however I am debating picking up this card. It is graded a KSA 9 and I’m hoping to have it resubmitted to PSA in hopes of a 8 or more. Would I better off cracking the case and send it in or as is and ask only for a grade of 8 +. ? Thank you in advance

Very nice card. I would almost never expect a KSA 9 to convert to a PSA 8, but it can happen. In this case, the bottom left corner suggests to me that you might not get that 8 you're after. And truthfully, if you submit it a hundred times, you'll probably get a mix of 6s, 7s, maybe 8s...so the question is how often will you get the 8. If I wanted to buy this card, I'd pay a PSA 7 price and no more.

Comment

Brandon, I agree with Hart. Pay 7 at most and even lean toward a 6.5 price. If you have a better scan you can send to me to peruse and I can give you my opinion. Rob

Comment

My past experience:

when I sent KSA cards in the case to PSA, I got 1.5 or 2 grades lower in general, withoutasking for a minimum grade..
        When I cracked the case and sent the raw card, i usually got 1 to 2 grades lower. A little better result in average.
        When I sent the KSA cards in the case requesting a minimum grade to cross over, it almost never happened and they returned the card in the KSA holder.

Results are much better with SGC cards as long as they are not sheet cut cards. PSA won't grade those.
        Usually the grades are pretty close. In a lot of 10 cards, you get 1 higher, 6 equal grades and 3 that are 0.5 to 1 grade lower in PSA.

I would send it raw and expect 7 or 7.5 or 8 on this card.

Comment

I wouldn't bother. The centering doesn't look good enough and one of the bottom corners looks to have slight rounding. Probably a 6-7.
          Also, if this is the only card that you are sending at this price level, just return shipping is around US$50

Comment

Would this be a better card to pursue?

Comment

My main goal with this set is to get it in that 8 range

Comment

the rocket, or Plante I may settle for 7, 7.5

Comment

Why don't you just show the grade Bruce?
                  Looks like the same card

Comment

It’s a PSA 7.5 but looks definitely better. Sorry, I had cropped it with the other one to place side by side
                    Last edited by brandonmorrison; 10-25-2018, 10:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by brandonmorrison View Post
                      My main goal with this set is to get it in that 8 range
                      Better off just buying the set in the grades you want.

Comment

Working...
                      X