X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amazing Oddball Issues:

I stated in another thread that there are some oddball issues that I would love to have (over the mainstream ones). These items are rarely seen, are expensive, and look beautiful. Let's check out a few of them below!

(NOTE: If you are the owner of any of these pictures and don't want me to post them here, then please let me know).

- 1924/25 Holland Creameries Frank Frederickson.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	original.png?1384366234.png
Views:	1
Size:	433.6 KB
ID:	6689

I've had five different people ask me for this card over the summer (I don't have it). This is a tough local issue of one of the greatest forwards from the prewar era.

- 1971/72 Bazooka Gum Bobby Orr

Name:	hqdefault.jpg
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	6690

If you own the uncut box (seen in the picture), then it deserves to be in a museum. Finding the panel is also really difficult.

- 1974/75 Lipton Soup Bobby Orr

Name:	s-l1600 (1).jpg
Size:	216.4 KB
ID:	6691

Finding the card is easy, but good luck with the box! I believe the Orr came with either Vachon or Sittler - the latter version is more desirable.

- 1951/52 Royal Desserts Gordie Howe

Name:	Royal%20Desserts%20Gordie%20Howe%2022007666.jpg
Size:	272.5 KB
ID:	6692

The baseball ones were printed in larger quantities, but the hockey ones are rare (basketball is even rarer!) The Howe is the most-sought after by collectors. The blue tint is extremely rare.

- 1956/57 Murray's Potato Chips Stan Mikita

Name:	5eb67edd620c173d33197fbfd1fafc24?AccessKeyId=D5F4416ED89E40A808BD&disposition=0&alloworigin=1.png
Size:	444.4 KB
ID:	6693

Mikita recently passed away and a lot of collectors have been picking up his Topps rookie. However, this one is my favorite card of his. Really tough to find in any grade.

Last edited by Puck_That; 09-20-2018, 11:27 AM.

That Fredrickson is a sweet card. There’s a PSA 1 on eBay...

Comment

Ya, some rare stuff there, I would call them Food Issue opposed to Oddball, for that they are not.

Comment

Working...
      X