X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V145-1 Howie Morenz PSA 4 on PWCC

I am surprised there isn't a thread dedicated to this card yet.

Aside from the severe rounding of top left corner (looks like it had a bite taken out of it) this is a very nice copy, imo.

Currently at $8,988 USD with 6 unique bidders each willing to pay $5000 or more.

I bid, but tap out at this point. My PSA 3 will have to keep me happy for another 10 years.

Any guesses where this will end?

I'll guess right around $12,500 USD.

Spectacular rookie card of Hockey's first super star. The card displays plus eye appeal with near perfect centering and smooth edges around. The surfaces show exceptionally well for the grade with stunning print and clarity. | eBay!

Comment

Rounded corners indeed. --BOTH uppers

Buy the card--not the Holder

Comment

Those upper corners seem more seriously damaged than 'rounded' to me. I wouldn't have expected a 4 on that one if I submitted it.

Comment

Top corners do not have natural wear, pretty obvious card has been tampered with by taking away cardboard for some reason.
          My raw ungraded Rookie is just as nice but has natural rounded corners, glad I bought it years ago for under $500.
          The key rookie cards seem to be doing great in Hockey.

Comment

Rounded corners or not, it still presents nicer than the 5 that sold last year.

I don’t see why anyone would tamper with the card like that. Intentional rounding of corners only makes sense if it’s a counterfeit (which it’s not).

Comment

Those rounded corners are a big negative IMO

Comment

Originally posted by hart2004 View Post
                Those upper corners seem more seriously damaged than 'rounded' to me. I wouldn't have expected a 4 on that one if I submitted it.
                Who knows what that card has been through in the last almost hundred years.

Comment

[deleted]
                  Last edited by Puck_That; 09-19-2018, 11:13 PM.

Comment

Wow I was really surprised to see it at almost 9K this early. Must make you happy to own a PSA 3 that's for sure.

Comment

Good post puck_that and nice howe thanks for sharing it.
                      Last edited by prewar_collector; 09-18-2018, 02:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Puck_That View Post
                        Every time this card is on sale, we always have to start a thread - why? There are so many special vintage hockey cards out there that never get any mention here. For example, a couple of weeks ago a Royal Desserts Gordie Howe with two corners ripped off went for almost $2,000 USD! We gotta' start discussing other cards, folks!

Attachment
                        All members are welcome to start a post on any card or topic they feel is worthy of a discussion.

Comment

I think the reason this card draws so much attention is that so many people want to own a Morenz rookie, and it doesn't come along very often. I have wanted one for years, but the price keeps jumping up. I may have missed my chance to be able to afford one! (Unless I find a raw card that looks like it was attacked by a wild animal!)

Comment

[deleted]
                            Last edited by Puck_That; 09-19-2018, 11:13 PM.

Comment

This Morenz Rc presents very nicely. Very nice image quality.
                              Unfortunately, the corners look like they were either snipped off or i think it looks like they were chewed off by a mouse.
                              I don't think it's a 4 but don't discount the strong image quality.

Comment

Working...
                              X