• Jim
    started a topic Compare These Cards

Compare These Cards

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_6664.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	6664
    Ok. Need your opinions on these cards. No hidden flaws, both are psa graded, solid grades. Very similar looking cards but which card do you guys think is the higher grade?

A

• pro9
    replied
    Late to the game, I would be happy to have either of them in my set. I think "B" got a 7 because of the brown shading (not sure if it's a stain or not) on the right side, combined with the centering. The top corners on the 8 are a little week, but the colors are vibrant. It's certainly not an egregious example of an 8.

Jim, you definitely need a new scanner, make sure you get one that is CCR. CCR gives you the depth of field when scanning a card that is in a holder. Most people I know like the Epsons.

Leave a comment:

• Jim
    commented on 's reply
    Not mine. This card was pulled from a pack at the national and graded a 9. The Lach is not centered well enough for an 8 but this centering is good for a 9

• Billyberu
    commented on 's reply
    Jim, Sweet! College fund card?

• Billyberu
    commented on 's reply
    I'm with you earl. Corner's are the ticket. Centering up to 75/25 for me. Other's put centering at the front.

• barongan
    replied
    Prefer A
    Last edited by barongan; 09-12-2018, 11:23 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Jim
    replied
    Here is a card featured in the October SMR. Freshly graded psa 9. Just sayin

Name:	i.jpg
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	6678

Leave a comment:

• strohman
    commented on 's reply
    I haven't ever heard that phrase before, but I'm with you on being a "corner junkie." If a card is slightly off center, then that's the way it came out of the pack, but the corners tell you how well it has been taken care of over the years.

• Stampsfan
    replied
    Also late to the game. I would have guessed B, but I am more of a corner junkie. Top right of the 8 looks a little touched to me.

Plus the second example is bigger, so I like the bigger card...

Leave a comment:

• Jim
    replied
    I'm definitely going scanner shopping this week.

Leave a comment:

• rocket9richard
    replied
    If I was a grader and based on what I see:
    I would grade card A at 7.5, because it is very well centered, has vibrant colors, but yes it is lightly touched at the corners.
    I would grade card B at 7 because it is a little off centered top to Bottom, looks like the colors are lighter, has a small "stain" in the right border at the knee level.

Leave a comment:

• Anish
    replied
    PSA doesn’t care about print...plain and simple. But is there some surface wear on yours (brown on the right side) or is that the scan?

One grader would probably call it an 8, another a 7, and a third a 6. That’s the grading game...

Leave a comment:

• strohman
    replied
    I showed up late and saw the results, but I was thinking the same thing, Jim. The first card had a hint of wear on the top corners and had the print dot on his face. I prefer the 2nd one.

Leave a comment:

• Jim
    replied
    Card A is also scanned with a way better scanner apparently, I should go scanner shopping

Leave a comment:

• Jim
    replied
    Card B is a freshly graded Psa 7. I felt it deserved an 8, and not because it's mine

Name:	scan0035 (3).jpg
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	6667

Leave a comment:

Working...
X