• Show
Clear All

• Compare These Cards

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_6664.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	6664
    Ok. Need your opinions on these cards. No hidden flaws, both are psa graded, solid grades. Very similar looking cards but which card do you guys think is the higher grade?

A

Example B

Name:	scan0035 (2).jpg
Views:	2
Size:	225.5 KB
ID:	6665
    Attached Files

Comment

CARD A

Comment

Raw, I’d trade the first for the second. But PSA is obsessed with centring so the first is probably higher.

Comment

I rather have B, so A is probably graded higher

Comment

We are splitting hairs here really, the fact that PSA graded them differently tells you something about the grading business in general!

Comment

I prefer A

Comment

Card A is a Psa 8. It's a beautiful card but to me, 2 of the corners look like they have a tiny bit of rounding, atleast in the scan, and there is a print dot on his face.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/-/401508265...2047675.l10137

Name:	671_0220C103_1.jpg
Size:	116.6 KB
ID:	6666

Comment

Card B is a freshly graded Psa 7. I felt it deserved an 8, and not because it's mine

Name:	scan0035 (3).jpg
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	6667

Comment

Card A is also scanned with a way better scanner apparently, I should go scanner shopping

Comment

I showed up late and saw the results, but I was thinking the same thing, Jim. The first card had a hint of wear on the top corners and had the print dot on his face. I prefer the 2nd one.

Comment

PSA doesn’t care about print...plain and simple. But is there some surface wear on yours (brown on the right side) or is that the scan?

One grader would probably call it an 8, another a 7, and a third a 6. That’s the grading game...

Comment

If I was a grader and based on what I see:
                          I would grade card A at 7.5, because it is very well centered, has vibrant colors, but yes it is lightly touched at the corners.
                          I would grade card B at 7 because it is a little off centered top to Bottom, looks like the colors are lighter, has a small "stain" in the right border at the knee level.

Comment

I'm definitely going scanner shopping this week.

Comment

Also late to the game. I would have guessed B, but I am more of a corner junkie. Top right of the 8 looks a little touched to me.

Plus the second example is bigger, so I like the bigger card...

Comment

• strohman
                                strohman commented
                                Editing a comment
                                I haven't ever heard that phrase before, but I'm with you on being a "corner junkie." If a card is slightly off center, then that's the way it came out of the pack, but the corners tell you how well it has been taken care of over the years.

• Billyberu
                                Billyberu commented
                                Editing a comment
                                I'm with you earl. Corner's are the ticket. Centering up to 75/25 for me. Other's put centering at the front.
                            Working...
                            X