X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fall Show Schedule

I will be setting up at the following shows over the next few months. Stop by to say Hi.
    Anyone else setting up?

September 22-23

The Hangar Sport and Events Centre
    75 Carl Hall Road, Unit #1
    Toronto, ON, M3K 2B9
    (near 401 and Sheppard west subway station)

https://torontosportsexpo.com/

October 13-14

Stade IGA
    285 rue Gary Carter Montréal

http://www.antiexpo.com/en/the-show.html

November 9-11
    The International Centre
    6900 Airport Rd, Mississauga, ON L4V 1E8

http://sportcardexpo.com/

Great run of shows coming up!

Comment

Setting up at Expo I think (with the owner of a card store in my neck of the woods).

Comment

• Bobbyvhc
        Bobbyvhc commented
        Editing a comment
        Welcome to the fold.

• Puck_That
        Puck_That commented
        Editing a comment
        Now you guys have some serious competition!

Originally posted by hart2004 View Post
      Setting up at Expo I think (with the owner of a card store in my neck of the woods).
      If you do Hart let me know your spot number so I can come by and say HI

Comment

Thanks guys. Nothing serious, just to try and have fun.

Comment

I'll be setting up SATURDAY ONLY at-
          September 22-

The Hangar Sport and Events Centre
          75 Carl Hall Road, Unit #1
          Toronto, ON, M3K 2B9
          (near 401 and Sheppard west subway station)

https://torontosportsexpo.com/

Comment

Not to break rank, but it appears there is a card show in Calgary on October 27-28 at the Delta in the south part of the city. Anyone setting up there, or attending? Gomaz?

I'll be there Saturday morning as the Flames are playing Washington at 2:00. Will be heading to the 'Dome after checking the show out.

Comment

HERE IS MY REVIEW FOR THE TORONTO SPORTS EXPO:

GETTING THERE

I felt like I was driving through Area 51. I drove past the Hangar and ended up in some military base. I saw all these army trucks lined up side-by-side. A very strong-looking dude stopped my vehicle and told me that he couldn't let me through. I was like "do you know where the Hangar Sports Centre is?" He was like "ummm ... no." I was like "can I pull in here and do a u-turn?" He was like "ummm .... okay." He let me through and I got out of there as fast as I could. He was watching me the whole time. With my olive complexion and beard, he was probably worried that I was a Jihadist with explosives in my vehicle - LOL! The whole thing was pretty creepy.

THE SHOW

I thought it was going to be a small show, but it definitely wasn't small. I would say it was more on the medium side. It was very spacious and there were dealers all over the place. It was really nice seeing some young folks there because these guys are the future of the hobby. I told a few kids that, and they thought I was nuts (haha!) I picked up a few sweet cards. Oh, I also got Bobby to sign my copy of the VHC. It's the Bible of vintage hockey cards (mainstream and oddball) so make sure to pick-up your copy if you have not done so already. And finally, I loved listening to the stories some of the dealers told me. I'm just a local guy who never leaves the area much. These are dealers who travel all over North America, so I always enjoy hearing what they have to say.
              Last edited by Puck_That; 09-22-2018, 08:47 PM.

Comment

In review to AJ's Toronto Sports Expo: . I picked up some nice stuff for my collection and some other stuff for trades, so I was happy there. Sure, we all could say "I wish I could have bought more" or "sold more" but I believe my expectations were met and I didn't set them too high. The volume of people could have been better but I think once the word gets out and they "up the marketing", it will be a fine medium-large show....( I know there was a full page ad in the Beckett but the Magazine was delayed in it's release, I think it is still 8 days late as of yesterday).

I had a great time as usual and got to meet some new people and old ones too. It was nice meeting Puck_That and signing his book. It is a good venue, had great signing guests and look forward to the next one.

Comment

• harpervalley7
                  harpervalley7 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It is a great venue and I wish they all were that great and plenty of light to see what you are buying plus I got to witness the mighty puck getting his book signed by Mr Hobby ! Now the book is worth double the buying price!
                  All and all a comfortable place to walk around.
              Working...
              X