X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boooo!

Ebay ad title: 1962 -63 El Producto Complete Hockey Set HOWE , RICHARD, BELIVEAU EX/ NEAR MINT

Ebay ad description after you click on it:

Condition is excellent to near mint with the only real issue is small pin hole on Beliveau.

So, if I understand correctly, aside from it being in low grade condition, it's ex or near mint.

My yacht is massive!! (fine print: except that it's a kayak).

Or this beauty, which I guess "would be" ex/ex+ if there wasn't paper loss or other back damage on most cards: 1955-56 PARKHURST COMPLETE HOCKEY SET RICHARD, PLANTE RC: OVERALL EX/EX+ RARE!

Comment

VERY RARE ! VINTAGE !!1933-34 ICE KINGS GUM .CO ROOKIE MERVIN RED DUTTON !!

oh, it's a reprint

Comment

• Stampsfan
        Stampsfan commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes I see that one all the time. Fuzzy picture, etc. It always makes me laugh, and I know now to avoid looking at it.

1951 parkhurst howe psa 3. regrade 6-7

Comment

I think this is why grading was invented (well, other than for graders to make money).

It’s just too bad some people take grades as gospel...

Comment

If your cards are not graded, they will never be 10's....

Comment

Originally posted by Anish View Post
            I think this is why grading was invented (well, other than for graders to make money).

It’s just too bad some people take grades as gospel...
            If one grade difference can make thousands of dollars I would think that while it is not perfect, grading would be the right route to take.

Comment

This one takes the cake!

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/1979-80-O-PE...gmacgreg&rt=nc

Comment

• rocket9richard
                rocket9richard commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes all the recipes for a Failure: fuzy pictures with shadows and packaging, no guarantee, private bidders, no return…
                Great shape yes!

• strohman
                strohman commented
                Editing a comment
                Wow, he can't even guarantee that it's authentic. It's a coin flip! You can't really see the card and it might be a fake, but you should bid!

• Billyberu
                Billyberu commented
                Editing a comment
                What disappoints me also is that I reported this item and eBay does nothing. I guess the buyer can always return it and get his money back as putting "no return" in your listing means nothing?

Originally posted by Jim View Post
              1951 parkhurst howe psa 3. regrade 6-7
              LOL!!! Sure, I guess the person who originally graded the card was visually impaired. So the grade increasing from a 3 to a 6 is really quite possible.
              Last edited by smallpaul2002; 07-28-2018, 09:39 AM. Reason: oops

Comment

• Billyberu
                Billyberu commented
                Editing a comment
                Resubmitted a 5 to PSA and got an 8 once so you never know?

Recently got a 6 on a card that should be a 9. Will resubmit. Guess they thought they never got enough $$ out of me.

Comment

I once submitted cards for 7s and got a bunch of 8s and 9s. So I got your grades.

Comment

• Billyberu
                  Billyberu commented
                  Editing a comment
                  So it's true that the big dealers get all the high grades. Thanks for your business...come back again.

..Honestly I have seen 5's that look like 8's or 9's...Like or hate grading, it is what it is..Simply the judgement of a person who may be having a "good day", or a "bad day". People are human and are prone to making the occasional mistake, grading is just the opinion of the person holding your card at the time of your submission. The vast majority of cards are likely graded properly. I'm a firm believer in buying the card, not the holder.

Comment

Originally posted by Billyberu View Post
                  And you know if you buy it and it turns out to be a reprint there is no recourse. I bought an Orr rookie on eBay with a similar type listing. Now for the $250.00 I spent I should have known. But I sent it in for grading the day it arrived. It came back as a counterfeit. I could not get a refund from eBay. I even sent all the grading information to eBay and they still would not side with me.I guess I should have just returned it as item not as described.

Comment

Originally posted by Damir View Post

If one grade difference can make thousands of dollars I would think that while it is not perfect, grading would be the right route to take.
                    Not quite sure what you’re saying, but I totally endorse grading/regrading if you are selling something

Comment

Working...
                    X