X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shipping from USA

Just curious if anyone here is based in the USA, as I have noticed some shipping costs FROM the USA to Canada have increased significantly on EBAY...Why are people asking $31.00 U.S to ship one single hockey card from the U.S.A to Canada....why is it so expensive? have costs at the Us postal service gone through the roof, PWCC, Probstein123 to name a few have jacked up shipping rates over the past few months, What gives, I'm confused?

Not sure in your case. But if you are buying from anyone in the USA that only offers shipping through the global shipping program then you can expect to pay that much or more. And if you buy multiple items from the same seller you are not given a break on shipping either.And the worst part of this for me was when I did get caught up in it once and once only. I not only had to pay the ridiculous shipping cost set up for eBay to get even richer then they already are.But I also had to pay to ship the card from the seller to this eBay sorting place in Kentucky.So if you are buying from US sellers that are doing their shipping by the Global shipping then I would suggest maybe asking them if there is anyway to have them ship it directly to you after purchase.Some seller do not even know that they have signed up for this program.Also for the US sellers it does put the responsibility on eBay for the delivery.So some seller likely feel comfortable using the Global mailing program.

Comment

When I ship to Canada, First Class up to 8 oz. (up to 4 PSA cards) it costs (I charge) $9.50
      Priority small box is $24.95, medium box is $45.95.

Comment

Yes on eBay it's all about the global shipping program scam. If I have an interest for an item, I gently ask the seller if he can ship directly outside this program and if the answer is no, I just Don't bid. This program increase the shipping big time and also increase the time gap to receive the item!

Comment

Like I have stated before, you need to have a few friends in the USA.
          I have a couple of my friends USA addresses set up when I check out through eBay/Paypal. (They allow you to have multiple addresses)
          Using your own eBay name and paying for the item yourself I simply buy something even though it shows over $25 with Global Shipping to Canada but states $3 to $4 to ship to the USA.
          At check out I pay the total with my friends USA address, then my Friend Forwards it to me for $10 in a bubble mailer with a tracking number.
          The best part is right now I am hoarding about a dozen car parts at a buddies house in Michigan then he mails it to me when I ask him to and on average each item becomes very cheap to ship and mark "Gift" with a "$20 Value" on the box to avoid those nasty duty fees.
          If you have no buddies in the USA then you're out of luck buying from the USA these days unless the seller cooperates with you like mentioned above, but most don't.

The prices has not gone up in the USA postal system it's just eBay and sellers trying to make a lot of money through shipping. I really see no reason why PWCC or other sellers need to charge $30 or more for shipping without the global shipping program. Good Luck everyone.

Comment

My US friends are COMC and myMallBox. It takes a little longer, but they've been good so far. For the steep price of Global Priority, it has sometimes taken two weeks as it sits in their warehouse. Never again!

Comment

The CRA has been putting a lot of pressure on these websites due to tax evasion. I hate the Global Garbage Program too, but eBay probably had no choice here. The taxes they collect from Canadians get sent to the Canadian government. And let's not forget what the CRA recently did to Paypal. The court forced Paypal to hand over all the transaction details of their Canadian users (with business accounts, I believe) to the CRA.

I do agree that any seller who ships direct (to Canada) should not be charging $30 USD for an ordinary card.

Comment

I haven't had any dealings with the eBay shipping program since I live in the US, but shipping to Canada is MUCH higher than it used to be. I remember sending a padded envelope to Canada for $2 and now it's $9.50 or more. Selling cheaper cards on eBay is a waste of time and money now. By the time you pay eBay and PayPal fees, and cover shipping to Canada, there isn't anything left!

Danny's idea is the best one though. I have done the same thing for friends in Canada in year's past, or I have bid on cards from sellers that didn't ship to Canada. They would send the card to me and I would send it on to my buddy in Canada.
                Last edited by strohman; 07-16-2018, 07:04 AM.

Comment

With the cost of shipping going up everywhere , it doesn't help that Ebay charges fees on the shipping charge . That's just wrong

Comment

• strohman
                    strohman commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Very true, Jim. They didn't used to do that but people started selling items for $1 and charging $25 for shipping. (Not sports cards, but other things.) Eventually eBay changed the policy to stop it but ended up screwing all of us in the process. Obviously it makes no sense to charge a fee on the shipping rates.
                Working...
                X