Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That card isn't even NM-MT, let alone "high end". That's a PSA 7 at best.

Comment

I'm not a big fan of PWCC and their "high end" grading..The card is what it is in the holder, a PSA 8. If it grades higher they should get the card "reslabbed". I highly doubt this card is high end, as a matter of fact it would likely grade lower than an 8 if it was reslabbed. Bottom line here is PWCC cards have a huge following and their is a sucker born every minute who have more money than brains.The PSA registry has been a huge driver of high end cards, and this one despite its rather generous grade is still a very high end Howe. Card should fetch well over 80K+ U.S, and that to me is totally mind boggling..Who knows, but it just shows the overall health of the market for truly high end star cards when they come up for auction, a rare bird it truly is, like it or not.

Comment

Obviously, a PSA 8 Howe rookie will appreciate in value, but it will take time. PWCC cards often pull in higher than average prices, but when you go to sell the card, you won't be drawing the same number of follower as PWCC. I'm just trying to imagine someone explaining that this PSA 8 is a High End card because the seller said so, and it's worth more than the going rate for a card in this grade.

Comment

what ever your willing to pay big guy!

Comment

$46,100 closing price.....surpringly low to me. Pop report shows 34 “8’s” but good luck finding them (think the number is inflated due to people trying to regrade some), tough card let alone a nicely centered example.

Comment

I generally agree with PWCC "high end" designations (former term I understand), but not this one. I'm happy to see people were bidding on the card, not the (overgraded) holder. I didn't think it would matter, but I think it did. I assumed there would be two big guns swinging at the fences regardless of the fact that it's at best a nrmt card in a nmmt case.

Comment

Working...
              X