X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats your guess: Howe PSA 8 RC “Certified High End” on PWCC

Whats your best guess on final price???.....1 week to go currently at $37,000.

Been a long time since a “nice” example has come to market, should be interesting!
    1951 Parkhurst Gordie Howe ROOKIE RC #66 PSA 8 NM-MT (PWCC-HE) | Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop, Sports Trading Cards, Ice Hockey Cards | eBay!

Comment

Comment

There is nothing about this card that indicates that it is "high-end." Obviously if I were selling it, I'd do whatever I could to generate as much hype as possible, but I'm sure that if I submitted this card it would be a PSA 6. Three weak corners and two stains on the card certainly prevent a "high-end" designation as far as I'm concerned.

Comment

60K, where this card has gone in a few years is insane. People have disposable income for high end quality

Comment

End at $80k...an overpay of $40k.

Comment

Nice card but does not justify a high end spec in my opinion.
              Will probably go for 60-70k, but Worth 40k to me...

Comment

Originally posted by AANVJeff View Post
                There is nothing about this card that indicates that it is "high-end." Obviously if I were selling it, I'd do whatever I could to generate as much hype as possible, but I'm sure that if I submitted this card it would be a PSA 6. Three weak corners and two stains on the card certainly prevent a "high-end" designation as far as I'm concerned.

I agree 1000% with you.

PWCC is full of sh*t! How the hell is this a HE card? The top two corners look weak and it has some nasty stain on the bottom right front corner.

The PSA 8 that was sold by Goldin last year for $50,000 USD looks way better.

Comment

Normally if I see a vintage PSA 8, I'm pretty satisfied with it, but I'll have to agree this time. Those corners do show a bit of wear and I see 2 small stains on the back. I'm not sure that it looks any better than a PSA 7, although it is a very nice card. That "High End" tag is a way to jack up the price. It reminds me of a dealer I knew many years ago. When graded cards started catching on, he started getting his cards graded, then would say, "This is a PSA 8+. It's really at the top of the 8 scale, so I"m going to have to ask more for it!"

Comment

100k because some people are idiots

Comment

I didn't answer the original question. I honestly didn't realize the Howe RC was going for this much, but PWCC seems to have followers that really bump up the price of cards you don't see very often. I'll guess $75K+, but it could go higher.

Comment

Was waiting comments about the questionability of the card being a HE designation . When companies start getting too greedy things can go south in a hurry. DIdn't want to post anything if someone here had some skin in this game.

Also a second sticker has been added for PQ by PWCC for Premium Quality. The HE designation was a great idea for them to see higher returns but this seems to be getting a little too gimmicky for my tastes

https://www.pwccmarketplace.com/eye-appeal
                        Last edited by fhennessy15; 06-18-2018, 11:50 AM.

Comment

this extra grading seems like it is following the "rare", "super rare", "super duper rare" description. If PSA says it is an 8 it is up to the buyer to determine if it warrants this. As a wise man once told me--"buy the card--not the grade-JF"

Comment

Another case of buy the capsule and not the card but Registry guys have to be at the top to have bragging rights LOL.
                            Not impressed.
                            I'll take a car over this card any day.
                            Thank God I bought my Howe Rookie in the early 90's for $500, looks just as good as a raw card.
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	010.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	143.4 KB
ID:	6467
                            Last edited by DanTheVintageMan; 06-18-2018, 12:51 PM.

Comment

There are two different definitions of “high end”:
                              1) Undergraded
                              2) Centered and/or with strong color/focus (ie eye appeal)

This card fits the second though probably not the first. If PWCC is using the latter definition then they are correct..but anyone can see that. The sticker is redundant (not to mention that they are not unbiased since they receive part of the sale).

I used to get all my vintage graded, but I’m with you now Danny. Grade them before you sell them but otherwise use your own cases and upload pics on your own site.

Comment

Working...
                              X