X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• June Pickups

This is a rare beauty I just picked up. 1970 Oakland Seals Stanley Cup Playoff pennant that's dated 1969. Played just two playoff games during the 69-70 season and lost both to the Penguins. Anyone on this board go to those games? I also have a program from one of the games in Pittsburgh.
    Attached Files

​The string is sparse--so here we go!

1912-17 Quebec Bulldogs Real Picture Postcards with Paddy Moran and friends

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9805.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	94.9 KB
ID:	6436

Name:	IMG_9806.JPG
Size:	73.4 KB
ID:	6435

Comment

• pro9
      pro9 commented
      Editing a comment
      Fantastic! Interesting that they are numbered, there must be more. Any idea who issued the PC's?

• Anish
      Anish commented
      Editing a comment
      Man, those are amazing.

Yeah, so cool to see newly discovered items and wonder which others are out there!

• huysmans
      huysmans commented
      Editing a comment
      Half a dozen 1911-12 Bulldogs postcards resided in Carleton McDiarmid's collection. These were composite portrait images, with the player's name along with a number at the base. There's also a full team set known, with no names along the base. Both sets are embossed "Beaudry Photo", with your postcards most likely produced as well by the Quebec photographer. Great find.

A fine addition to my Bobby Orr collection courtesy of eBay at a steal of a deal at $28

Name:	ebay.jpg
Size:	85.9 KB
ID:	6437

Comment

Another day, another California Seals pennant pickup! This is a first year 1967-1968 Seals pennant. Very rare. Basically one-of-a-kind.

Name:	california seals.jpg
Size:	112.8 KB
ID:	6439

Comment

• Anish
        Anish commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow, nice addition!

Condition sensitive card due to the colored back, so I was happy to get this one in PSA 9.

Name:	Esposito_TonyJpg.jpg
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	6440

Comment

• exodus
        exodus commented
        Editing a comment
        Beautiful. That card from vending had all kinds of surface issues with it. Lots of printers dots. Yours is free from those little hickeys. Great looking card !

• Puck_That
        Puck_That commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, Exodus.

• Anish
        Anish commented
        Editing a comment
        Too bad he didn't stick with the Habs. He would have won several

Here's a real nice 1966 J.D. McCarthy Bobby Orr

Name:	1966 J.D. McCarthy Bobby Orr.jpg
Size:	103.4 KB
ID:	6441

Comment

• Anish
        Anish commented
        Editing a comment
        Awesome piece!

• hart2004
        hart2004 commented
        Editing a comment
        Like that!

• jaylay
        jaylay commented
        Editing a comment
        Is he wearing #24 ? I've seen him in #19, #27, #30 , but never #24. Could that be some kind of practice jersey? The colors look off.

​Just because

Name:	69OPC_CUP_PSA8.5_F.jpg
Size:	407.2 KB
ID:	6442

Comment

• exodus
        exodus commented
        Editing a comment
        I was watching that one on ebay. Beautiful card because of the centering. A nice wax packer. Not a vending card. A great pick up.

Recent George Red Sullivan pickups... some original 8x10’s, custom cards and a couple psa 8’s/9. Gotta love that suit from his Washington Capitals coaching stint! Always looking for stuff featuring Red!
      Last edited by Sulli26; 06-09-2018, 11:04 PM.

Comment

Name:	001.JPG
Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	6446 ....

Comment

.... Click image for larger version

Name:	006.JPG
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	6449

Comment

Name:	005.JPG
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	6450 ... Click image for larger version

Name:	004.JPG
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	6451

Comment

Name:	002.JPG
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	6452 ...

Comment

Name:	011.JPG
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	6453 ... Click image for larger version

Name:	010.JPG
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	6454

Comment

Name:	009.JPG
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	6456 ......

Comment

Someone once asked me why I don't get the card grade along with the auto grade. Here is a 1972 topps set for sale on the PSA message board. This guy had four 8's bump to 10's in his set.....................You can see this on the sports card trading area on PSA's board............................................. .......... Available is a fully PSA Graded 1972 Topps Baseball Set. This beautiful 787 card set consists of 5-10’s, 533-9’s, and 249-8’s. The set has an overall GPA of 8.66 and a GPA with top bonuses of 8.67. As of January 22, 2018 the set had a Vintage Card Prices most recent sale value of $25,954.
                    The set was compiled in 2008 by combining 1972 legend Frank Bakka’s second set along with Larry Emards’ (also known as King Kellogg) fully graded set. I capped it off with adding some PSA upgrades from the partial set I had built at the time.
                    There are no half grades in the set as all cards were graded before the service was offered. I believe that many of the cards, if graded today, would come back higher. As a matter of fact, four of the five 10’s in the set were ones that I broke out of PSA 8 holders and resubmitted as part of free submissions associated with my collector club annual membership.
                    PSA 9 stars in the set include, #37 Carl Yastrzemski, #38 Carl Yastrzemski IA, #49 Willie Mays, #51 Harmon Killebrew, #52 Harmon Killebrew IA, #79 Red Sox Rookie Stars (Carlton Fisk RC), #130 Bob Gibson, #200 Lou Brock, #280 Willie McCovey, #285 Gaylord Perry, #299 Hank Aaron, #309 Roberto Clemente, #310 Roberto Clemente IA, #343 Willie Stargell Boyhood Photo, #347 Tom Seaver Boyhood Photo, #410 Fergie Jenkins, #420 Steve Carlton, #433 Johnny Bench, #434 Johnny Bench IA, #435 Reggie Jackson, #436 Reggie Jackson IA, #440 Thurman Munson, #445 Tom Seaver, #447 Willie Stargell, #448 Willie Stargell IA, #498 Brooks Robinson Boyhood Photo, #530 Don Sutton, #550 Brooks Robinson, #559 Pete Rose, #600 Al Kaline, #751 Steve Carlton Traded, and #777 Hoyt Wilhelm. For a complete list of all cards (including VCP values), please send me a private message or e-mail to fesmith68@yahoo.com.
                    My price for this nice set is $21,000 plus $300 registered shipping. This is nearly a 20% discount compared to the VCP last sale price. If you have any questions, please let me know.

Comment

Working...
                    X