X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will the Real Brit Selby Please Stand Up

Interesting auction regarding the 1970-71 OPC Brit Selby no-trade rare variation.

This link contains a completed auction with a "no-trade" AND with St. Louis Blues at the bottom and without the Traded notation!!?

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/1970-O-Pee-C...UAAOSwdjRaqwEW

Unfortunately the grading companies have screwed up the pop report on the Rare "no-trade" let alone some people don't know which variations is which.....

BUT NOW - it appears someone removed the Traded notation and had it graded. It could possibly be a new super rarer rare variation..... but I don't think so....
    Click image for larger version

Name:	compare.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	155.0 KB
ID:	6424

Are you saying this particular card originally had the "Traded..." notation, and it was removed by someone after the original printing?

If so, how can you tell?

Comment

Originally posted by Stampsfan View Post
      Are you saying this particular card originally had the "Traded..." notation, and it was removed by someone after the original printing?

If so, how can you tell?
      It does appear, with the naked eye, that the stock color in that particular area is not consistent with the rest of the card.

Comment

The top of the blue script also looks like it was affected

Comment

PSA have said that they are hiring and training new staff to deal with the backlog, so perhaps a newbie error. It would be interesting to look at the card from an angle to see if the original gloss is still present. Likely not.

Comment

Anyone who thinks the text was intentionally erased and had that pass through PSA scrutiny, couldn't be more wrong !!

Comment

• DanTheVintageMan
              DanTheVintageMan commented
              Editing a comment
              Sure and PSA is so perfect you can't get nothing by them LOL there only human and they'll make mistakes.

• J60
              J60 commented
              Editing a comment
              Never said they don't make mistakes. BUT imo this is the real deal.

Originally posted by J60 View Post
            Anyone who thinks the text was intentionally erased and had that pass through PSA scrutiny, couldn't be more wrong !!
            Ok...I’ll bite. I think so. Please prove me wrong or as you say, more wrong.

Comment

Working...
            X