X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Card stores in Bean Town?

Any recommendations for sports card stores that carry vintage hockey in Boston that are worth the trip when in town?

I grew up in Boston, and as far as I know, all card stores that would have carried vintage cards closed a couple of decades ago. Very few of them had any hockey, even when I was a kid. It was all about Baseball.

Comment

Depending on when you are going, there's a good show April 27-29.

Comment

Thanks guys. I'm not there then, Jim, but thx.

Comment

Yeah as Jim said the Shriners Auditorium is the biggest show in MA and you won't be there. I live about 20 minutes south of Boston and the card shops aren't really big on vintage around here. Holiday Inn in Mansfield MA (About 45 minutes south of Boston) has a decent card show on May 3rd but it looks to be geared more to football as far as the guests.

Next weekend they have a show but I assume you will not be around for that. They have Andy Moog, Gerry Cheevers and 6 of the kids that were in the Mighty Ducks movie. Quack Quack!

Comment

Hey,

When are you coming to Boston? Kenmore Collectibles is a decent shop, but not sure you’ll find anything you need.

Has anyone been to the Shriner’s show? Is there Pre-War hockey?

Comment

Although it is years ago I liked Bay State Coin Company on Bromfield Street. It is still there. There was another good store on Bromfield Street but I am not certain if it is still open.

Comment

Thanks so much all~! Much appreciated.

Comment

Found lots of good stuff to pick from Peter at Kenmore. Had a great experience. Highly recommend. Thanks guys.

Comment

Working...
                  X