X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by exodus View Post
    Attachment The one on the right came today.
    Curious why you didn't grade the card and auto.

Comment

Originally posted by Damir View Post

Curious why you didn't grade the card and auto.
      1- Not a fan of PSA's. Have had 8's resub and come back 10's, and 6's come back 8's.

2- More into autograph grades then card grades. Original autographs can not be doctored as easily as trimming and cleaning cards.

3- More into centering then mint corners. Would rather have a NM or NM-MT dead centered (50-50) then a PSA 9 that is 60/40. I'm very big
      into centering. Some people love sharp corners. I love dead centered.

Not a big fan of PSA 9's and 10's. More trimming then we ever want to know has been done in the name of the almighty grade and dollar.

The Orr in the middle is a sharper card then the PSA 9. The centering is better, and the corners are MINT 9 or 10. Being that I'm not looking to resell, I like to just keep the beauty of Orr autographing the card. I went to the Boston Gardens in the 70's. Sat way up high. Never had a chance to get close to the players. Getting Orr autos takes me back to my youth. Skating on the frozen pond, trying to lift the puck in the air but never being able to do it. Going to the frozen pond with my shovel. Shooting the puck into snow banks on the ice. Going home and watching a Saturday afternoon or evening game and loving every second of it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	006.JPG
Views:	5
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	5923

Comment

Another Morenz cut
        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9352.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	76.3 KB
ID:	6320

Comment

Didn't make many purchases at SUMMIT IX but did grab this nice 1951 Lot, 37% off the set and a new project started.

Comment

• hart2004
          hart2004 commented
          Editing a comment
          Awesome! Congrats.

• Billyberu
          Billyberu commented
          Editing a comment
          Adam. What graded condition are you looking for?
      Working...
      X