X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ballpark you'd go on these?

I was offered these cards. I intend to flip them as I have this stuff already. If you were buying these to flip them, what would be the most you'd pay for them? I'm just curious to be honest. This is NOT an attempt to sell any of them here.

Everything is OPC. All backs clean.

The worst condition cards are the Trottier and Clark rookies at Ex. Most of the other cards are all ExMt to Nrmt+. The Gartner, Fuhr, Gilmour, and Neely rookies are higher. Have a look. Are those four worth sending to PSA before attempting to flip? Or save my money and sell them raw? Do you think they would grade 8? 9?

Anyway, main question: if you were going to buy this lot to flip it, what's the best you'd do? This is hypothetical. I'm not approaching anyone who responds with any offers or anything. This is purely out of interest.

And please refrain from the "What the hell are you doing buying stuff from the 80s?" questions. I am already asking myself that~!

Click image for larger version

Name:	cards.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	103.7 KB
ID:	6207

Click image for larger version

Name:	cards2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	137.1 KB
ID:	6208

Not to sound difficult,\/snobby/whatever but I wouldn't go any higher than $150. None of these guys are superstars. There is some market, but they aren't the glamour stars that move the needle anymore. Most cards are in the $20-30 range, and you need to take enough time to sell each card individually. From my own experience, I've been burned enough with flipping that I would need a decent buffer to make sure I'll make some money on the deal.

Comment

• hart2004
      hart2004 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for your input skelly423. Much appreciated You aren't being difficult or snobby in the slightest. Would love to hear from others too.

Sry guys, just noticed that we can't even see the card under the Robitaille in my crappy photo. It's NmMt Oates RC, not that that changes anything.

Comment

Hart, I agree with Skelly. Grading them aside I would be all in at around $150-160 and allow time to shop them.

Comment

As to the second part of your question (which I originally missed), I wouldn't bother with PSA for those 4. I don't think the extra return you'd get for a nice grade would justify the cost of submission, shipping, etc. You may make a small profit above and beyond the raw value, but there is always the risk you get a lower grade than expected (or you pick up an OC qualifier that destroys the value), and you take a loss. The upside isn't quite there IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by skelly423 View Post
          As to the second part of your question (which I originally missed), I wouldn't bother with PSA for those 4. I don't think the extra return you'd get for a nice grade would justify the cost of submission, shipping, etc. You may make a small profit above and beyond the raw value, but there is always the risk you get a lower grade than expected (or you pick up an OC qualifier that destroys the value), and you take a loss. The upside isn't quite there IMO.
          Good. The idea of sending 1980s stuff for grading would have been difficult for me to swallow!! I was disinclined to already, but now this seals it.

Comment

I would be in at $50 and probably hope the seller said no. Then spend the $50 on beer and pizza for the Leafs playoff game

Comment

• hart2004
              hart2004 commented
              Editing a comment
              lol i hear you

80's rookies in PSA 8 don't go for much. Most people are looking for PSA 9 or 10. After that, the drop off is pretty significant. If you look on eBay, it's amazing how low raw cards sell for, especially once you factor in eBay and PayPal fees.

Comment

The Hull OPC RC goes for good money in a PSA 10 and a lot less in a PSA 9 or lower. Does it have a chance at a 10?

Comment

Originally posted by jb217676 View Post
                The Hull OPC RC goes for good money in a PSA 10 and a lot less in a PSA 9 or lower. Does it have a chance at a 10?
                No chance.

Comment

I guess I should disclose what I paid just out of fairness to those who read/commented: $120 CDN. Seems about right.

Comment

Working...
                  X