X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No. 29 Murray Murdoch

I had posted before on this site over a year ago, we had found a whole set of Ice Kings hockey cards in the basement of my mother in laws home when we were moving her to her new place. They must have been in their little box for 60+ years. We had sold them later that year.
    Now in the stamp collection my father in law had, we have found another 4 little hockey cards that have the following players on them:
    E. Payan - No 43 -has a fold upper 1/4 of card
    C. Toms of Cobalt Club can't see a number but says on back Played with Cobalt, 1909 and with Varsity previous to that. - It has paper missing from back
    Art Ross of Haileybury Club -no number can be seen and looks like a sticker that you would put on the back of a stamp to afix it to a book
    Murray Murdock No. 29 a black and white card. Perhaps 1933 as it states he played with the New York Rangers for 7 years from 1926.
    Question is, are these of any value do you think? Any and all advice welcome. Thank you for your time.

Here are the photos

Comment

First 2 cards (Ross & Toms ) are from 1910 C56 set of 36.
      Payan is from 1911 C55 set of 45.
      Murdoch is from 1933-34 Anonymous V129 set of 50.
      Despite its condition, the Art Ross is probably the most valuable of the lot.
      More info available in a good guide like VHC (Vintage Hockey Collector guide) by Burrell - see top banner of this website.
      Last edited by ViewFromStLou; 04-02-2018, 09:23 AM.

Comment

He's not going to buy the VHC just because he found four beat-up cards.

That Ross you have is worth around $200 USD. The Payan and Toms are about $25 USD each and the Murdoch is about $150.

Nice cards.

Comment

Thanks so much for the information. Really appreciated. Best, Liz

Comment

I've sold the Art Ross, Payan and Toms. Murray Murdock is on ebay for $1.00 starting bid as I was not sure how much it was worth.

Comment

Working...
            X