Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kbarney
    replied
    1968 OPC #2 Bobby Orr. Third year Orr card that is an edge-of-sheet card that is difficult to find in high grade, nice horizontal background graphics and in OPC’s re-entry back into the mainstream card market.

Leave a comment:

• boomerhusky
    replied
    Ken Dryden, among others, has said that your hockey experiences when you are 12 probably remain the strongest in your memory. Well, I was only 11 when the 1963-64 Parkhurst set came out, but I have to think that the Gordie Howe card was the most outstanding non-rookie card I ever saw. While not a Red Wings fan, the picture of Howe, a hockey legend, looking both serene and powerful, with the beautiful flag design was enough to win me over. Even then, he was considered an "older" player. What did he have - only 17 more years left in his career? Truly a superstar.

Leave a comment:

• Jim
    replied
    I love the 1954 and 1955 parkhurst action cards

Click image for larger version

Name:	parkie54.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	28.0 KB
ID:	6142

Leave a comment:

• hart2004
    replied
    Originally posted by Puck_That View Post
    The 1963 Parkhurst Gordie Howe is a sick card. It would have been better if they put a CDN flag behind him though.
    Absolutely on both counts.

Leave a comment:

• hart2004
    replied
    Originally posted by skelly423 View Post
    Rookie cards get all the glory in this hobby (and rightly so). Because of this status, a lot of great cards go unnoticed and under appreciated. What's your favorite non rookie card?

Personally I think the 1953 Parkhurst Maurice Richard is a spectacular looking card.
    Agreed.

Leave a comment:

• Puck_That
    replied
    The 1963 Parkhurst Gordie Howe is a sick card. It would have been better if they put a CDN flag behind him though.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X