Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help me with this simple decision that I can not make myself.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me with this simple decision that I can not make myself.

Sorry if this seems like I'm a man who can't make up his own mind, but I can't. I keep looking at this and can't decide whether to get it signed in black or blue sharpie. I'm sure it will come to me eventually, but right now I need a few more opinions. Click image for larger version

Name:	orr last game ticket.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	128.9 KB
ID:	6069
    Last edited by exodus; 03-10-2018, 08:58 AM.

I would go with blue pen

Comment

Black will show better as blue will clash with the other blue fonts on the ticket. This way the Orr auto will stand out plus the big 20 & 10 are in Black so it will look great once signed in Black.

Comment

I agree with Dan on this. I would use a black for the contrast effect.

Comment

Black for contrast - Agree

Comment

Black would be best..Just my opinion, That's a very nice nice looking game ticket..

Comment

easy answer ......go with the black to stand out more....like the box/seat numbers do

Comment

Black it is.
                I still say pen or thin tip marker. Not a regular sharpie

Comment

Originally posted by Jim View Post
                  Black it is.
                  I still say pen or thin tip marker. Not a regular sharpie
                  Interested in your thoughts. I have everything signed in sharpie by Orr. I have a Ken Dryden goal magazine from 1976 signed in sharpie, and it has withstood the test of time over 40 years. I really like the way sharpie holds up, but would be open to why using a pen.

Comment

Also, I think I'm going to ask #4 to sign right below the Boston and right above the Hall of Fame. I think that's the best spot ?

Comment

Black Sharpie or Pen in this sweet spot.
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	image_6069.jpg
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	6070

Comment

Personal preference. I don't care for "fat" signatures in general and don't like vintage items signed with sharpies, especially on small items. I don't have much to compare but here are 2 of my items against the same cards. The 2 links are a gretzky signed in way too fat sharpie and the other is a Dimaggio vintage card signed with a felt tip marker . I'm hoping to replace my Gretzky with a nicer signature one day, preferably .

https://www.ebay.com/itm/PSA-DNA-197...sAAOSw1KNZ1pPR

https://www.pwccmarketplace.com/items/1379458

Click image for larger version

Name:	scan0136_LI.jpg
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	6071

Comment

If you had to get the ticket signed, I would get him to sign it in blue ballpoint pen on the back. I would also get him to add the inscription "Last Game With Bruins"

Comment

Originally posted by jb217676 View Post
                            If you had to get the ticket signed, I would get him to sign it in blue ballpoint pen on the back. I would also get him to add the inscription "Last Game With Bruins"
                            I like your thoughts about doing the back "Last Game with Bruins", but I think I'd do the front with his name and #4.
                            I once asked Bobby to sign a mint Macs Milk card on the back. It was returned with his signature on the front. As you know, the signature came out terrible because of the texture of the Mac's Milk card. Totally ruined the card. That's the risk you take with sending things down to Florida.

Comment

I think thin black sharpie on the front---there will be so many people at this signing thing to get him to sign in a specific spot and in a specific way will be tough and with inscriptions etc. The earlier you are in line the best chance you have. The more he signs the more he makes and that is his goal. Not to appease fans. If you read the fine print it says : Inscriptions / personalizations are not available via send-in or during the public signing. Sucks but true.

Comment

Working...
                              X