X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Identifying Howe Cereal Card

Anyone in the Forum able to help me with identifying this Cereal Card? Looking for as much info as possible, year, manufacturer, redemption method, etc.

I've searched without any luck and feel that someone in here might have the answers I'm looking for.

Any help is greately appreciated.

Adam
    HOWE CEREAL CARD?

1967-68 General Mills front of the box cut out photo from the cereal box. They had the large photos on the back and the super rare Childhood Sweepstake photo on the sides. Hope this helps.

Some more Info Here on the Stick Etc...
    http://vintagehockeyforum.com/forum/...-general-mills
    Last edited by DanTheVintageMan; 02-27-2018, 07:01 AM.

Comment

thanks Dan...I was confused as PSA mis logged my 1966 GENERAL MILLS HOCKEY STAR-HAND CUT GORDIE HOWE ALL-STAR JERSEY which caused me to be royally confused. When I saw your profile pic I KNEW you'd have the answer.

I will have to talk to PSA at SUMMIT to see HOWE this could have happened.

thanks for the info, much appreciated!

Adam

Comment

Hey Adam... Is PSA coming to the Summit Show in Edmonton? Is that what you're referring to?

Comment

I believe that PSA will be onsite at Summit to take hand in submissions..they will not have any slabbing equipment with them.

Comment

I spoke with the Summit Show Promoter this morning, PSA has NOT committed to coming yet, but he is said talks are ongoing.

Comment

Technically it's psa/dna that comes to the shows and they will take card submissions. In my experience they do not know much about cards, especially hockey cards. I found the psa submission crew they sent to expo quite crusty

Comment

as of right now-toronto expo not on psa schedule-but len pottie takes psa submissions at the expo at his booth-

Comment

I was actually gonna ask you that in the next few days. I'm half planning on coming out this year to the Expo, but a big drawing card for me would be to submit the many cards I have on site.

Any insight if the fall show was a one time deal for PSA, or if there are plans for them to only come once per year (in the fall)? Anything you can tell us?

Crusty, eh? Love that term Jim. So by your experience, they took the cards back with them but they didn't know much about what they were handling? Or were they just grumpy and unpleasant?

Comment

Originally posted by Stampsfan View Post
                    I was actually gonna ask you that in the next few days. I'm half planning on coming out this year to the Expo, but a big drawing card for me would be to submit the many cards I have on site.

Any insight if the fall show was a one time deal for PSA, or if there are plans for them to only come once per year (in the fall)? Anything you can tell us?

Crusty, eh? Love that term Jim. So by your experience, they took the cards back with them but they didn't know much about what they were handling? Or were they just grumpy and unpleasant?
                    The best thing to do is just phone them and ask.

I actually liked the guys at the PSA booth; I found them to be very laid back and they answered all my questions with 100 percent honesty. I was like "have you guys ever lost any cards before?" And he was like "yes, but you're insured." They had a huge safe at the back and some older dude - looked pretty strong - with a mustache was sitting next to it. He was very friendly with me too.

A lot of us Canadian collectors have the same problem - we own some very nice cards that we don't just want to mail out. It would be amazing if PSA could at least do graded card review here - like what Beckett does. Yes, we can give all our cards to Len, and he's a really nice guy, but he has thousands of orders to process. In other words, he can't sit there emailing everyone tracking numbers because that would take him weeks. Now if you're going to give him expensive cards, then I'm pretty sure you're going to want updates such as: did my cards arrive at PSA? What grades did they get? Did they get back to Len yet? Did Len mail them back to you, and if so, then what's the tracking number? The last one is very important because then I need to make sure somebody is going to be at my home to sign for the parcel. You're not going to get any of this information from him.

Comment

Agreed Puck. I've said it before here, but the first and only time I sent my cards to PSA was through Canada Post, as PSA only accepts certain methods of shipping. I shipped approximately $7,000 worth of cards, and could only insure it for $1,000. I crapped for a lot of days until it was documented that PSA received the cards. Never again.

As for giving it to Len (or anyone) to submit, no thanks. This is not a knock against Len, as I've purchased from him, and have had long conversations with him and his boys. He definitely seems like a man with integrity. But when you're submitting that many items through anyone, things can get crossed.

There are all sorts of stories on other forums where folks have "piggy backed" on other peoples submissions, and questions are raised. People have said they think their cards were switched at some point. I equate it to having an investment guy. My accountant says "They're called 'brokers' for a reason; they make you broker." I've had more investment success by doing it myself, doing my own research, and not paying someone a percentage or losing off a mutual fund. My take now is nobody cares more about my money than me. And truthfully, nobody cares more about my cards than me.

For me, I am getting on a plane and taking my PSA submissions in personally. Every time I see Gomaz, he tells me to get my cards graded. I'm not sticking my '52 Topps Mays and Mathews, my V-145-1 set, and how many other valuable cards into an envelope and dropping it off at the local post office.

Nobody cares more about my cards than me.

Comment

Stampsfan,

You and I often get into disagreements, but I just love this post of yours.

First of all, I was laughing when I read the first paragraph. I've done crazy things like that myself - try a mid-grade 52' Topps Mantle.

If you submit any vintage card, then you should always scan it first. There are many reasons why you should do this. One of them, like you mentioned, is that cards can get switched up. The other one is condition. I had a couple of c56 cards, including a Lalonde, get damaged at PSA. When I got it back, the bottom piece had broken off. These cards are very old and brittle. This means that they can easily break off. Now I can't prove a damn thing because I did not scan them prior to sending them out. I learned my lesson.

And finally, yes, you're 100 percent right that nobody gives a damn about your cards except for you. I applaud your decision to get on a plane and submit your best ones in-person. I have a friend whose wife is from California. Her parents don't live too far away from the PSA headquarters. This guy always takes his high-end cards with him there whenever they visit. I think that's so awesome and I would just love to do that.

Last edited by Puck_That; 03-07-2018, 02:17 PM.

Comment

• Stampsfan
                          Stampsfan commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Thanks Puck. We can agree and disagree over different things, and it's OK.

I gulped at this one:
                          "I've done crazy things like that myself - try a mid-grade 52' Topps Mantle."
                          Wow. Good on you. One of my bucket list cards. I haven't been able to pull the trigger on that one, and it just keeps going higher and higher. Like buying Amazon stock...

Feel free to post it one day on the other side. Would love to see what version it is, and what it was graded at.

• Puck_That
                          Puck_That commented
                          Editing a comment
                          PM sent ...
                      Working...
                      X