Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You never know....

Another interesting article...
    The sweater worn by Darryl Sittler of the Toronto Maple Leafs when he scored 10 points in a single NHL game has been found after 42 years and may be worth half a million dollars.

<<He believes the historic jersey could be worth between $350,000 and $500,000.>>

Very funny! Most of Gretzky's game-worn jerseys sell for under $100,000 USD and his 500th goal jersey went for around $300,000 USD, so how on earth can this one be worth between $350,000 to half a million dollars? This guy never won a ring and if you were to rank him with other Maple Leaf greats, he wouldn't even make the top 5, IMO.

Comment

• Stampsfan
      Stampsfan commented
      Editing a comment
      Almost any hockey fan of a certain age (like mine) can remember that night, and remember where they were. It was an iconic moment for Canadians, and in HNIC history. As a Montrealer at the time, the game was on coast to coast. Normally my part of the country would see the Canadiens game, but on this night they were not playing at home on the Saturday night. While I'm not comparing it to the moon landing, or September 28th 1972, or Sittler's goal to win the 1976 Canada Cup, it was close to those if you were a hockey fan.

You cannot look at the player in comparison to Gretzky, Orr, Howe, Richard, Beliveau. But neither can you look at Paul Henderson in that company. However, you have to appreciate the moment, as there is much more to the night and the jersey than you are comprehending.

This article mixes a bunch of key jerseys from different sources and makes you believe they were in the same collection and were all offered to Meigay with the Sittler, but it's not the case...

Comment

Working...
    X