X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Six Degrees of Separation

I'm always interested in making connections from the modern game to the early days of professional hockey. I've spent some time trying to come up with the shortest path connecting active players through teammates/opponents to players who appeared in the original c56 set. I look for players who played on the ice with/against the named player (ie. can't connect Lester Patrick to Dit Clapper because they never faced each other, even though they both played a game in the 1927-28 season). All games are in the professional leagues (fee free to use Gordie's 1997 game with the Vipers).

I've got two examples, both 6 links long:

Jaromir Jagr played against Guy Lafleur who played against Eric Nesterenko who played with Turk Broda who played with King Clancy who played against Newsy Lalonde
    Patrice Bergeron played against Mark Messier, who played against Gordie Howe, who played against Dit Clapper, who played with Sprague Cleghorn, who played with Cyclone Taylor.

Can anyone here come up with a shorter link?

Originally posted by skelly423 View Post

Can anyone here come up with a shorter link?
    Sure. Auston Matthews played against Jaromir Jagr who played against Art Ross.

Comment

• Billyberu
      Billyberu commented
      Editing a comment
      LOL! Two years older than dirt Jagr is......!

• hart2004
      hart2004 commented
      Editing a comment
      Best post ever!
Working...
X