Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hear you sir. See you tomorrow I assume.

Comment

I remember back in the day trying to hit those 1991-92 Team Pinnacle Cards. Had about 1 in every 4 boxes, super rare for 90's product. Could probably buy all 12 cards now for what I used to spend on 1 box when they were hot. If you want to have fun, go for it. If you're expecting to get your money back, you have a better chance spending your money on scratch tickets....so not good.

Comment

Speaking of gambling, according to an Oilers fan on my hockey team tonight, a couple of Oilers fans won the 50-50 at the Vegas game last night. $130,000 USD.

After taxes, apparently they each will take home $30K USD.

Before anyone jumps on me, none of this is verified.

Comment

• Stampsfan
          Stampsfan commented
          Editing a comment
          The thing I like about the Eskimo and Oiler 50-50's (when I'm there for a game) is they post the amount you will win, not the total pot. In Calgary, the Stamps and Flames list the total pot, so your winnings are 50% of what they are selling.

After taxes pffffft....at least up here the crime bosses (Gov't) doesn't take any taxes on winnings.....yet! But I am sure it is crossing their minds as we speak!

A recent Edmonton Eskimo game there was a $400,000 winner! We like our 50/50's.

Comment

Some people just enjoy opening wax and The Cup has some of the nicest cards currently made.

And as far as the secondary market, a lot of collectors collect current players - those they watch - and The Cup may appeal to them to.

I opened a box of 2005 06 The Cup a couple years ago and it was really exciting, even though I did not end up with the Crosby RC I hoped for. If I had enough disposable money for a case or two I would open them.

And yes, people do build the sets. I have a nearly complete 2005 06 set that I would complete if I had the money for a Crosby.

To each his/her own as long as no one is being harmed.

Comment

• strohman
            strohman commented
            Editing a comment
            Hi Anish--PM Sent
        Working...
        X