Views:	2
Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	5777

Attached Files

Comment

• hart2004
      hart2004 commented
      Editing a comment
      Tough rookie of an underrated superstar.

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]Darryl Sittler's [/COLOR] Challenge Cup pocket watch Click image for larger version

Name:	068.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	81.7 KB
ID:	5778 Click image for larger version

Name:	067.jpg
Size:	75.5 KB
ID:	5779 Click image for larger version

Name:	069.jpg
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	5780

Comment

lord stanley /with box Click image for larger version

Name:	076.jpg
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	5781 Click image for larger version

Name:	077.jpg
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	5782 Click image for larger version

Name:	078.jpg
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	5783

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	040.jpg
Size:	76.8 KB
ID:	5791 --- terry is a brui Click image for larger version

Name:	044.jpg
Size:	79.8 KB
ID:	5785 ns uniform
        Last edited by topnotchcollectible.com; 01-12-2018, 08:36 AM.

Comment

• hart2004
          hart2004 commented
          Editing a comment
          Same here - never saw that white Bruins jersey Sawchuk before in any way - not even a picture of one on the internet.

• Aubferg
          Aubferg commented
          Editing a comment
          Always fun to pick up a new pile of Bee Hives, isn't it, Larry. The Sawchuk on the right is one of over 700 pictures that are in circulation that were not issued as part of the Bee Hive promotion by St. Lawrence Starch. Many of these fakes were very professionally crafted right down to using a very close approximation of the same font that Bee Hive used (under magnification, the fake font is ever so slightly thicker and the end of some of the vertical lines are more rounded at the tips).

Larry, I'd like to get your thoughts on the Norm Defelice 'correction' picture. The most confusing image for me remains the Norm Defelice 'correction' which you mentioned that you got in the same set of pictures; I'm leaning to it also being a fake although I have argued both in favour of it and against it. It is noteworthy that it was in the same set of pictures as the Sawchuk. Defelice never appeared on a Bee Hive Player List and only appeared in 10 games in 1956-1957 so it is unlikely that St. Lawrence would have gone to the expense of producing a picture of him even though it obviously would have been technically possible. At the start of that season, Sawchuk was expected to carry the load so it unlikely that they would have produced images of Sawchuk, Simmons, and Defelice. And of course, they spelled Defelice wrong on the 'correction'... one would expect that after misidentifying the image of Simmons that St. Lawrence would have been meticulous in getting the spelling correct had they issued a picture identified as being Defelice. The colour of the backer card is more yellow than buff, like the contrast shown above with the two Sawchuks.

• topnotchcollectible.com
          Editing a comment
          heres the Simmons, and Defelice-of which are both real- argreed that sawchuk on right is one of the - "missing player" beehives of creation of a well know hobbiest------but texture - of the dark jersey-sawchuk-Simmons, and Defelice are all the same, paper , backings etc all the same as all group 2s - and dot patterns are same through a loop- Defelice /simmons error is a hobby toughie-but it does exist---Jerry Brown -the toughest of all group 1 beehives only played 13 games with Detroit in 1941-42 - so games played didn't seem to matter to St Lawrence in picking players it seems- Aubferg-thanks so much for helping with comment-,i appreciate your insight
          Last edited by topnotchcollectible.com; 01-12-2018, 08:37 AM.

I am a long-time collector of Bee Hive photos. There has been a dispute over the years of the Defelice photo.I tend to agree with Aubrey that the Defelice is a "fake " Bee Hive. The white colour of the background is darker in the corrected version (similar to what is seen in the Sawchuk copy and other fake copies). In addition, there are grey areas in the bottom two corners. I do have two of these Defelice copy photos. A few years ago a dealer had 15 of these copies available for sale, so I'm sure about the rarity of this copy. This is similar to the copy of the Joe Krol Bee Hive. I have copies of the real and fake Krol. It is very difficult to see the differences between them. I don't know if this issue will ever be resolved.

Comment

Just picked a new version of the Parade Sportive w Morenz/Joliat/Gagnon. The common one is the blue one. The scarce one is this black one.

Name:	1108861_9640453_1.jpeg
Size:	187.4 KB
ID:	5793

Name:	IMG_7027.jpeg
Size:	189.5 KB
ID:	5794

Comment

Just back from Psa

Name:	scan0006.jpg
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	5796

Comment

• Puck_That
            Puck_That commented
            Editing a comment
            Why does it say ‘trading card’ and not the year/set name?

• Jim
            Jim commented
            Editing a comment
            Good question. Didn't even notice that

• jb217676
            jb217676 commented
            Editing a comment
            It only says "trading card" because Jim only asked for autograph authentication. Graders only look at the autograph, not the medium it's signed on when that level is asked for. You have to ask for the card to also be authenticated if you don't want the generic "trading card" label.

Not vintage yet, but picked up a full ticket from the 2018 Winter Classic.

Name:	ticket.jpg
Size:	79.4 KB
ID:	5797

Comment

From March 30, 1927 Carnival Night. Siebert and Morenz agree to a race!

Name:	IMG_5953.jpeg
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	5806

Name:	IMG_5954.jpeg
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	5807

Comment

• hart2004
              hart2004 commented
              Editing a comment
              The Morenz/Siebert photo is cool. Do we know who won the race? They certainly blazed thru their lives tragically fast.

Here is the Turk Broda "Pep" button and the photo that was used on the button.
            Interesting to see that the button was issued in 1948 but the photo is from March 22, 1941.
            I love this shot!

Name:	Broda photo and Pep.jpg
Size:	157.7 KB
ID:	5809

Comment

• rocket9richard
              rocket9richard commented
              Editing a comment
              Photo taken by H.H. Roxborough of Alexandra Studio for the Liberty's All Star 1941 hockey team

• ViewFromStLou
              ViewFromStLou commented
              Editing a comment
              Great find! A unique & important piece.

Here's a real nice 1937 Howie Morenz Memorial Souvenir Programme.

Name:	1937 Howie Morenz Memorial Souvenir Program 2.jpg
Size:	75.1 KB
ID:	5814

Comment

2- Click image for larger version

Name:	073.jpg
Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	5815 Click image for larger version

Name:	074.jpg
Size:	79.2 KB
ID:	5816 Click image for larger version

Name:	075.jpg
Size:	81.0 KB
ID:	5817 Click image for larger version

Name:	076.jpg
Size:	73.5 KB
ID:	5818 very cool 1970 ussr postcard

Comment

​Another nice photo of Howie in 1934: The Ace Bailey Benefit Game was the first all-star game in National Hockey League (NHL) history. It was played on February 14, 1934, at Maple Leaf Gardens in Toronto to raise money to support Ace Bailey, whose career was ended by a violent hit by Eddie Shore during a game earlier in the 1933–34 season. Little did Howie realize that there would be a game for his memorial just 3 years later.

Name:	IMG_5955.jpeg
Size:	53.9 KB
ID:	5821

Name:	IMG_5956.jpeg
Size:	64.3 KB
ID:	5822

Comment

Name:	IMG_5961.jpeg
Size:	106.6 KB
ID:	5825

Name:	IMG_5960.jpeg
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	5826

and they keep coming!---a blurry but well used 1931 and later Morenz head shot press photo

Comment

Working...
                X