Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Increase in Posting would be a great New Years resolution for all Forum members

For example--in the December pick ups there were 39 responses
    and November 29 responses
    That means that only 1.3 to 1.5% of viewers have something to say? Get in on the discussion. It seems to be the same dozen that discuss. (not that there is anything wrong with that) but I am sure some of you have opinions. Stop being a creeper and be active. It adds too the hobby --just a suggestion. Don't be shy. We don't bite!

JIM--any other stats to add for 2017?
    Last edited by HowieMorenz7; 12-31-2017, 01:10 PM.

I've been on this forum for over two years and it looks like controversial threads get the most posts. So if I started a thread discussing the history behind something or a particular card, then it will get maybe one or two posts. Now if I start something controversial, then it will get A LOT of responses. Here are some examples of threads that will get a lot of replies on here:

- Why I think KSA is the best grading company out there

- Most dealers at the Expo are stupid

- P.K. Subban is a million times better than Bobby Orr

Comment

More posting by *most* people would be good...not all! Just kidding Puck, you’re coming around! Happy new years all! Hope to have a fun 2018 with you guys on the forum and live at card shows!
      Last edited by hart2004; 12-31-2017, 04:06 PM.

Comment

I agree, and I am a little guilty too. I post here and there, but mostly read. I pick things up, but have stopped showing them. Sometimes they are only commons to fill my sets, so I assume there is little to no interest. Would there be, as I sometimes find all posted pickups are expected to surpass the previous?

I certainly know I don't compete with some of you, like Gomaz and TopNotch. Plus I've narrowed my collecting focus to the mainstream issues. But I do agree we collectively need more postings from more folks.

Comment

I look at the monthly pick ups everytime somebody posts something new on there. In other words, I might look at it 8-10 times in the same month. Messes up the view stats.

Comment

I have nothing to say or add to any discussion since I collect 1990 Pro Set and Score.

Comment

• woodenstickera
              woodenstickera commented
              Editing a comment
              And that is my posting quota for 2018. Thank you, have a good night, and tip your waitress.

Originally posted by woodenstickera View Post
            I have nothing to say or add to any discussion since I collect 1990 Pro Set and Score.

I didn't know that Eddie Shore was included in these sets.

Comment

Originally posted by woodenstickera View Post

Have you managed to acquire all 327 error and variant cards from 1990 Pro Set?

Comment

Originally posted by Stampsfan View Post
                I agree, and I am a little guilty too. I post here and there, but mostly read. I pick things up, but have stopped showing them. Sometimes they are only commons to fill my sets, so I assume there is little to no interest. Would there be, as I sometimes find all posted pickups are expected to surpass the previous?

I certainly know I don't compete with some of you, like Gomaz and TopNotch. Plus I've narrowed my collecting focus to the mainstream issues. But I do agree we collectively need more postings from more folks.
                Always nice to see people’s set progress!

Agree with Ron

Comment

Thanks for that Anish... will make that attempt. I picked up a beautiful Parent RC last year to upgrade one I've had since I was a kid. I could shave with it, it's so nice... but I never posted it. Perhaps I'll do so at some point.

One other thing I'd like to see more of is increased use of the BST.
                  Both as sellers and buyers, let's use the tool and support the folks on this forum who take the time to post.

Comment

Working...
                  X