X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Psa Population accuracy

For the 62' Parkhurst set, it shows Pop for Howe # 30 PSA 10 is 0.
    In the SMR report it show a Howe # 30 PSA 10 sold for $1,792 in 2012.

I am confused... Did someone sent a 10 to PSA for a regrade and they returned it as a 9?

May of been crossed to scg

Comment

• HowieMorenz7
      HowieMorenz7 commented
      Editing a comment
      After it crossed to SGC
      it went to KSA. pretty sure. Bahahahahahahah

Well I am sure you saw the Morenz crossed to ksa

Comment

The registry is an indication for is far from exact.A lot of cards get crossed over, others get cracked and resend multiple times to try and get a higher grade and the population keeps going up!

​A few years back, I decided to send all my loose grading tags back to PSA and SGC to update the population report on high end and low pop cards and they did the correction. PSA told me that very few people do that...

Comment

Originally posted by rocket9richard View Post
        The registry is an indication for is far from exact.A lot of cards get crossed over, others get cracked and resend multiple times to try and get a higher grade and the population keeps going up!

​A few years back, I decided to send all my loose grading tags back to PSA and SGC to update the population report on high end and low pop cards and they did the correction. PSA told me that very few people do that...
        It's nice that you did that. I love using the Pop. Report but I know that it's not always accurate. Sometimes you see high number for a card that you absolutely never see for sale.
        I'm guessing that a lot of people don't want to send in their old grading tags because they don't want to admit that they have resubmitted the same card more than once.

Comment

I think that the two sets that seem to have a disproportionate number of 8s compared to reality are the 1954-55 Topps and 1966-67 Topps sets. I can say with a great deal of certainty that these 8 populations have been skewed drastically by people chasing 9s and PSA's reluctance to holder them accordingly.

Comment

Why would someone resubmitted a 10? And a Howe 10!? This is counter intuitive, imo.

Comment

• rocket9richard
              rocket9richard commented
              Editing a comment
              It can also be a mistake in the SMR records. Do you see a photo of the card? 1792$ doesn't seem that high for a PSA10 Howe pop 1 so maybe it wasn't a 10
          Working...
          X