X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help me with a grade

I have been helping a buddy with a set of 1962-63 Parkhurst.
    So I have a chance to buy this card.
    PLMK what the grade should be for this card.

Psa 4.5 maybe? Boys?

Comment

A 5 maybe?

Comment

4 or 5 looks about right to me.

Comment

PSA 5 IMO

Comment

I believe a 5 or so would be fair,

Comment

Just so that everyone knows.I made the purchase for this card for my buddies set.Then Christmas events took over and I only really looked at the card closely yesterday.Mostly because I knew the seller would be mailing today.But the main reason why I purchased the card and felt I did not need to spend much time looking at the card.Is because it is already graded by the company that everyone seems to think can do no wrong.Well this card was given a grade of PSA-8. It sort of takes me back to a year or so ago when Hart asked a similar question about a Mike Bossy rookie that was graded an 8 by PSA and it had actually been marked on. So I know that it is human to error.But please do not try and tell me that PSA are the god send when it comes to grading.This PSA-8 Howe is a terrible job.Thanks a lot to everyone that gave an opinion.

Comment

So in person you can visually see the wear/frays on the corners like we can?

Comment

An 8?! Wow. As I always say, PSA is the best of the bunch, which is not saying much.

Comment

I would not be surprised if it's an old cert. number. I wish I could get these grades on the stuff I send in.

Comment

Originally posted by Damir View Post
                      I would not be surprised if it's an old cert. number. I wish I could get these grades on the stuff I send in.
                      I am not familiar with how you tell old certifications from new certification.But this one does have a PSA hologram on the front.
                      I know that on some of the graded cards there is no hologram. So does that help tell older certifications from newer ones.Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by camaro69 View Post

I am not familiar with how you tell old certifications from new certification.But this one does have a PSA hologram on the front.
                        I know that on some of the graded cards there is no hologram. So does that help tell older certifications from newer ones.Thanks.
                        The card could have been sent in recently and re-holdered. Can you post the cert. number on front of the label.

Comment

Originally posted by Damir View Post

The card could have been sent in recently and re-holdered. Can you post the cert. number on front of the label.

Comment

That is a fake holder, cant tell if the label is legit

Comment

I should clarify, not a fake holder, just two pieces from the old holders that have been slapped together

Comment

Working...
                              X