X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bee Hive Baseball Photo Cards 1961

hi all: I know this is a hockey forum but knowing that there are Bee Hive collectors here I am wondering if anyone has even one of these cards?

Bee Hive Baseball Photo Cards

In the summer of 1961, St. Lawrence Starch tried a corollary sports promotion, issuing a set of 23 photo cards of Toronto Maple Leafs Baseball Players (AAA International League). One thousand photos of a featured player were given out at each Maple Leafs home game from July 27th to September 4th. A free photo album in which to keep the photo cards was also available from St. Lawrence Starch.

The most significant player to appear in Bee Hive Baseball photo cards, George “Sparky” Anderson went on to manage the National League's Cincinnati Reds to the 1975 and 1976 championships, then added a third title in 1984 with the Detroit Tigers of the American League. He was the first manager to win the World Series in both leagues.

I’d like to find out the size. Ideally, I’d like to get a good hi-res scan of the Sparky Anderson card to complement the narrative for a book we are working on. More details on that in coming months when we get closer to the finish line.

Can anyone recommend someone I should check with, or a vintage Canadian baseball site (Web or Facbook ) to post on if such a thing exists?

thx Aubrey

I did not know these existed. Very cool find!

Comment

Working...
    X