X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pwcc corbeau

its strange to see.... i owned that card for 2 years.... and the authentic grade is due to a reback job... not a color touch added.... its a huge difference !!. i contacted pwcc to give us the information and they never updated their description.....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1923-V145-1...53.m1438.l2649

$25K for an Authentic Altered copy...the real king of hockey cards

Comment

Its bad for the buyer who probably think he bought a little recolored copy. This card received extensive back restoration job. When i sold it last year i mentioned this issue to the buyer

Comment

Originally posted by Anish View Post
        ..the real king of hockey cards

I'm assuming that you own one and that's the reason why you keep saying this on here. This topic was discussed before a few times and based on some of the solid points made by some members, especially Jim, the Corbeau is NOT the king of hockey cards. Here they are below:

http://vintagehockeyforum.com/forum/...-the-final-bid

http://vintagehockeyforum.com/forum/...-v145-1-morenz

Comment

The real king of hockey cards seems to be Pwcc

Comment

• fhennessy15
            fhennessy15 commented
            Editing a comment
            Ha! I came I saw and I got conquered on most of my bids yesterday.

Funnny jim.
          Puck that : i owned these corbeau for about 2 years...2014-2016.

Comment

I agree with prewar_collector - there is a big difference between a card that is "modestly recolored" and one that has been rebacked.

This is a small forum, and anyone complaining about PWCC on here is just going to get ignored. Now the Net54 forum is a different story. If you post anything on there, then he is going to have no choice but to take action. I suggest starting this topic over there.

Comment

• hart2004
              hart2004 commented
              Editing a comment
              Puck_That, this forum costs a lot of time and money to run. Let's not slag it off as if its small or irrelevant. I forget what I was told about the exact number, but there are a tonne of individual (non-bot) users that read this site on a regular basis, even if they don't post. I can't compare it with other forums, but I think we should be careful not to be ungracious to those who run and pay for this site - one that many of us, yourself included, visit very often...at no charge.

• Puck_That
              Puck_That commented
              Editing a comment
              What kind of idiotic post is this?

Ummm, ok. I've seen how stuff has gone over there.
            For the record, Brent has responded every single time I've pointed something out and in some cases pulled the item if warranted. I believe he has also posted here.
            The card was sold as authentic, I've seen no other cards sold as authentic with a description of what the alteration is

Comment

very good price for the authentic- good for filler on a v145-1 set---the winning bidder is one of only a small few that own one-good for him-!
              lets see what the market is on this one starting tonite--------
              Click image for larger version

Name:	009.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	2872

-

Comment

Originally posted by Puck_That View Post

I'm assuming that you own one and that's the reason why you keep saying this on here. This topic was discussed before a few times and based on some of the solid points made by some members, especially Jim, the Corbeau is NOT the king of hockey cards. Here they are below:

http://vintagehockeyforum.com/forum/...-the-final-bid

http://vintagehockeyforum.com/forum/...-v145-1-morenz
                And I still disagree...Corbeau sells for more than Morenz in the same condition. And more than Oliver. Etc. A 3.5 Oliver just sold for about the same as the Authentic Altered Corbeau: https://goldinauctions.com/mobile/lo...ver_short_prin

For the record, I own a Morenz but not a Corbeau. I wish I had the latter and maybe someday, but it's too expensive for me. You can disagree about something without having an agenda.

Comment

I think it's pretty cool that this card in any condition sells for more than any other hockey card regardless of condition. It's the toughest card in the first ever NHL set and the first ever short print.

Think about the base cards that sell for the most regardless of condition in the other sports:
                  Basketball: Lebron Exquisite
                  Football: Manning Contenders or Brady SPA/Contenders
                  Baseball: Wagner t206

So only in hockey and baseball are there vintage cards that sell for more than even the most valuable modern cards in any condition (cheapest McDavid Cup is probably 10-15K).

There are tons of HOF rookies...but there is only one Corbeau. I'd love to own it someday and complete my set.

Unless you want to exclude short prints - despite how important they are to the hobby - either the Corbeau or the Lalonde #37 is the top hockey card.

Anyway, the comment was tongue in cheek and I won't argue this any further.

Comment

• prewar_collector
                    prewar_collector commented
                    Editing a comment
                    the lalonde and corbeau are important but i think the king is the sweet caporal postcard vezina...... just my 2 cents opinion. Vezina is more important player than corbeau or lalonde.... lalonde not far from vezina. And they are probably less sweet caporal vezina known than corbeau...They are approximatly 10 corbeau out there.... when i had mine i had fun to track every corbeau i know...

Anish, your post has many inaccuracies but like you, i dont want to argue about this

Comment

I know no king but the King in the North whose name is Stark. I don't care if he's a bastard. Ned Stark's blood runs through his veins. He's my king from this day until his last day...! :-)

Comment

I know of King Clancy from the V145-1 set and I thought it might go a little higher with PWCC putting that shiny HE designation. You don't see PSA 5's for sale every day

Comment

this thread is not for establish if the corbeau is important or not. I just want to say i thinks its bad to sell a card as recolored since the card is not recolored but reback....Also when i informed the consignor ..Anyway if the buyer is happy its good. On my side i owned this card until last years and for me this card don t worth 32 000 cdn $. The guy who bought the corbeau from me put it on ebay 6 month after the purchase. The seller have a big seller ebay profile with a lot of big sales and hundreds of good reference and the card sold for 14k if my memories is good..... now 6 month later 32K .......bad for my friend
                        Last edited by prewar_collector; 11-28-2017, 08:04 PM.

Comment

• HowieMorenz7
                          HowieMorenz7 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          wow--pre-_war imagine the money you would have made if you sold it on PWCC! amazing price

• prewar_collector
                          prewar_collector commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I had a good deal when i traded the card last year. Its bad for my friend who had a big lost money when he put the card on ebay for auction. On my side i am happy with how much i had for it.

• HowieMorenz7
                          HowieMorenz7 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Great news prewar-happy for you
                      Working...
                      X