X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1966 Topps Centering

I was looking at the Heritage Auctions previews and saw a nice looking (to my eye) Bobby Orr RC. The description suggested the top to bottom centering was slightly off, which made me curious how the top to bottom centering is actually measured on this card. Any one know the official criteria? Is it the width of the wood-grained border on top vs 1) the width of the wood-grained border between the yellow "BOBBY ORR" text and the bottom edge; or 2) the width of the wood-grained border between the black "BOSTON BRUINS" text and the bottom edge?

If it's the latter, then I'd say the centering isn't too bad. Perhaps 35-65 at worst.

This is a very interesting thread and I don't know the answer to your question, but the Orr you're interested in definitely has a top border that is on the narrow side.

Comment

These cards shouldn't have a massive gap between the team name and the bottom border. I have seen PSA 9s where the team name is almost at the edge of the bottom. A team name closer to the bottom edge would result in the top border being about 50% larger than what is seen in this example..

Comment

Working...
      X