X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fall Expo Thread

This will be my first Expo, I mainly collect T206 and vintage hockey; want to start thinning out my post war vintage hockey and get into some C55/C56's... From what I heard there is an overpowering amount of shiny modern at the expo, but there should be a good share of vintage hockey. I know T206 will be like finding a needle in a haystack, but I'm going in to expecting to see some good old vintage hockey.

We did this on another board, dealers would chime in and state their table number and what vintage they would have, i.e. table 114, have 1951-1979 OPC/Parkhurst etc. etc. That would be cool to get an idea... Also for collectors they can chime in and state what they're looking for. Or use this as general discussion for the Fall Expo.

be specific in what vintage hockey you are going for and total amount of $ you plan on bringing to spend-ill steer you the right way

Comment

You're in good hands.

Comment

• Bobbyvhc
        Bobbyvhc commented
        Editing a comment
        with All-State?

PM Sent.

Comment

Should be some great stuff at the show, the fall Expo tends to have a good selection and sometimes you never know what will show up. Its also a great social time as well. Drop by
        the Pack Rats booth at the start of the 800 row and say hi. Larry is behind us and Jim is beside us, well concentrated area for vintage plus Dave Martel is across from us, plus a bunch of others close by as well.

Comment

Will definitely be there, will drop by and say hello to everyone..

Comment

Just booked airfare and rental car - looking forward to seeing everyone there!

Comment

HEY-HOW ABOUT FOR THIS YEARS FORUM PICTURE-WE ALL WEAR JUST THONGS??

Comment

• hart2004
                hart2004 commented
                Editing a comment
                I just briefly - ahem - considered who would be most horrifying to me. It seems that there are many candidates.

I'm planning on being there all day on Friday.

Comment

I know it's not generally easy coordinating schedules - however wondering if there might be interest in a dinner/drinks get together on Friday night, or perhaps a field trip to the Leafs game?

Comment

Friday is a 12-13 hour day when you have a booth or I would join.
                  I do have Leafs tickets for Friday night, Hall of Fame Game, which I can't use if anyone is in the market for a pair.

Comment

Can members let me know what booth you are at, I will come by and say hello. Heck, I might even purchase something off you if it's something that I would like to add to my collection. It's always nice to put a face to the wonderful people here in this forum.

Cheers
                    See you in November!!!
                    Regards, Paul

Comment

Originally posted by topnotchcollectible.com View Post
                      HEY-HOW ABOUT FOR THIS YEARS FORUM PICTURE-WE ALL WEAR JUST THONGS??

Good idea! I will wear my Penguins thong and try to get Mario Lemieux to sign it! He is going to be at the show on Sunday. Now is a thong a regular item, medium item or premium item? lol

Comment

• Stampsfan
                        Stampsfan commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Depends who is wearing it.

I haven't been for a couple of years.

1. Is this the first time PSA has been there for walk in submissions?
                      2. Do you know if they take cards, or only authenticate autographs at the show?
                      3. Has anyone submitted cards to them at the Expo?
                      a) If so, how are the lines?
                      b) How is the customer service?
                      c) Any experiences you can share?

I (likely) cannot make it this fall, but am planning to do a trip in the spring, especially if I can get a bunch of stuff graded without putting it in the mail (gomaz knows what I am looking to grade).

Thanks all...

Comment

Psa is coming?

Comment

Working...
                        X