Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mystery Box-Add On!!! Shocking Contents!!

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mystery Box-Add On!!! Shocking Contents!!

I did a deal a few weeks ago and the guy I was working with wanted to throw in a "Mystery Box" to "prop up" the deal ( He valued it at well over $1500 and we sawed it off at a lot less). Well at the time he couldn't find were he had put it amongst all his stuff as he had just moved a month or so before. He told me that I would not be disappointed as it was extras and stuff he didn't want and it was just laying around for awhile so I said OK I'll pick it up in a few days. I got busy and two weeks passed and he starts calling me to come pick this box up. I always hesitate when someone suggests to throw in a deal what I call a mystery box as you never know whats in it and most of the time its just average crap at best, but I've done a few deals with him before and it's always been good. While was I surprised at what was in there!!! There was over 50 Beehives from Group 1, 2 and 3..including trophies from Group 3 unfortunately they have tape on them, the other Beehives look great not just average but some $100+ ones. There is between 50-100 Toronto Star with 2 booklets and an envelope, photos all look new ( not sure if there is a full set but wouldn't doubt it). There are probably around 50-1939 1940 OPC cards (V301-1, V301-2 ) various conditions but not trashed I say VG/VG-Ex/Ex. And he comes the interesting part of this box a bunch of Bobby Orr Stuff!! A Finnish Sportscaster Card, a Promo??? Commemorative card ?? from Baybank USA (1995), Cardboard cut-out with auto??facsimile ?? not sure. , a photo of Bobby Orr 31/2 x 6 B&W Auto'd ( on back is stamped Ron & Bobby Orr Clothing & Sporting Goods Parry Sound Ontario( it has tape on it but who cares it doesn't take away from it, an uncut sheet Colgate 1970 with Orr on it, and a booklet " Lucky Mini Book" with Orr and a few other Athletes ( Namath, Spitz etc).

Shocked doesn't describe what I was thinking when I went through this!!!
    Here is a few scans of the Orr stuff!!
    Knowing my luck next time it'll just be trashed crap but I'll cherish this pick-up of "mystery items" for sure..

Darren

Any of it for sale?

Comment

Interested as well if items are for sale.

Comment

Yes some items are for sale.Just contact me

DD

Comment

Thanks DD,
          I sent you a private message with my email address. If you could send some scans to the provided email address that would be great.
          Jeff

Comment

Do you have the Elmar Lach Rookie from the 1940-41 OPC set? He is number 125.

Comment

Please send scans and prices for your Bobby Orr items to jeffrey.betts@rogers.com. Haven't heard back from you yet. Cheers!
              Jeff

Comment

Working...
              X