X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wayne gretzky 1851 gold coin

Does anyone have any information on a wayne gretzky 1851 gold coin, Pure gold. Google has not been my friend on this.

Perhaps changing 1851 to 1951 would help?

Comment

1851 was the point total that moved Wayne past Gordie. This medal commemorated this. 100% gold kind of unlikely. I think they were $39 at the time. I remember the ads for them in the Toronto Sun.

Comment

We have the original bill of sale from 1992 and the price was 1199.95. It is stamped .999 fine gold. There are many of them out there in silver but not in gold.
        Those are in pure silver, should this not be in pure gold? The silver ones that i have found were much more popular as they are all over ebay and range form 60.00 to 120.00.
        But i find none of the gold ones with the head stamp that this one has. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

• HowieMorenz7
          HowieMorenz7 commented
          Editing a comment
          if you have the original bill of sale I am not sure what you are looking for? Please explain.

• drdave1
          drdave1 commented
          Editing a comment
          I cant find any information about the coin anywhere on line. When it was first minted, when it stopped, how many were minted, Its original value or current value, if it's rare or just another gold coin. I'm looking for Any info on it. Thanks for your response.

I see that it says 1oz fine gold. Spot price is around US $1250 an ounce. If someone is willing to pay a premium over spot because gretzky is pictured, doubt it would be much. Only way to find out is at auction

Comment

• drdave1
          drdave1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you. I was hoping for some good info on it but i cant find anything about that type of coin at all. It's either very rare or just another gold coin, but i can find nothing. Thanks guys for all your help. If anyone that knows anything about the coin, please chime in.

I can't help you with official numbers, but I can tell you that I have a similar coin about Maurice Richard. Mine was issued by the Franklin Mint. The regular public issue available was made of silver, but the one I have is made of pure gold and was given by Franklin Mint to the Rocket as a present but I have never seen of any gold one offered on the market. Maybe it's the same with this one? If you didn't find any info it could be that it wasn't available to the public? For mine I think I paid full gold value + 50$ and that was around 2002. Gold went up big time since that time...

Comment

Working...
        X