http://www.ebay.com/itm/1971-72-opc-...4AAOSwsXFZFepa

What's wrong with the back?

Comment

Centering

Comment

it is verry off center...
        psa 10 need to be perfect ......

Comment

Well 75/25 is still good for PSA 10 on the back...

Comment

Originally posted by bossef View Post
            Well 75/25 is still good for PSA 10 on the back...

Is that true? I always thought a "10" was a perfect card?

Comment

• prewar_collector
              prewar_collector commented
              Editing a comment
              Buyer for this hull are not hockey card collectors. They are psa label collectors

As bossef said you do not require perfect centering on back for a 10. I never even contemplated the centering when I looked at the card. What still blows me away is that they give high grades to cards with rough cuts? I could understand this if there were no sharp cut cards but that is not the case. Also the corners appear soft from back photo IMO. I also agree with prewar_collector's comment.

Comment

For me . Personal opinion a psa 10 card need to be almost Perfect for the back centering. For me the back centering is almost important as the front centering when we talk high grade cards

But ots only my 2 cents opinion

Comment

It always good to go look at what PSA consider a 10...

A PSA Gem Mint 10 card is a virtually perfect card.
                Attributes include four perfectly sharp corners, sharp focus and full original gloss. A PSA Gem Mint 10 card must be free of staining of any kind, but an allowance may be made for a slight printing imperfection, if it doesn't impair the overall appeal of the card. The image must be centered on the card within a tolerance not to exceed approximately 55/45 to 60/40 percent on the front, and 75/25 percent on the reverse.

Comment

• prewar_collector
                  prewar_collector commented
                  Editing a comment
                  yeah is read this on psa website. The hull is in their requirement.

That 75/25 centering is allowed on the back of a PSA 10 card is insane imo.

Comment

• hart2004
                  hart2004 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That said, centering is less important to me than all other issues (corners, surface etc.). But a 10? That should be a perfect card.

So much focus on the back...the front deserves attention too, as the top down and left right are both off, so that the image is positioned in upper right portion. It does have the pasty pink skin tones that PSA loves, but as another poster commented, this card is for a label collector.

Comment

PSA is really soft on centering and registration. For example, this card that was just listed is way out of register, but is apparently the joint finest in the hobby (rolls eyes).
                  http://www.ebay.com/itm/1951-52-Park...sAAOSwlndZHRKE

The centering standards are weak, but at least they make their standards known. For print, it seems like they don't even care. When's the last time anyone saw an "OF" (out of focus) qualifier?

If the grade is just going to reflect how "pack fresh" the card is, they might as well not consider centering and registration and at least be open about it.

Comment

But the eyes stop rolling when you appreciate the very decent centering of the back...

Comment

Could this be a 9?

Comment

• Billyberu
                        Billyberu commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yes! It meets their criteria of 90/10 I believe for a Mint 9 card.

Click image for larger version

Name:	61_Horton.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	4885 Here is another. A PSA 8 with 25/75 margins. Very ugly centering for a grade 8
                      Attached Files

Comment

• rocket9richard
                        rocket9richard commented
                        Editing a comment
                        That's an ugly 8, or a nice 8OC I should say
                    Working...
                    X